Removing photos from camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Learylvr., Oct 25, 2012.

1. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Hi all,
    I've been a lurker for a couple of years, I've posted a couple of times before. Is there any way to delete a photo, such as a wallpaper, from the camera roll and keep it in a wallpaper folder? It seems lame that if I want to keep my wallpapers in one folder, I still have the original in the camera roll and cannot delete it. Is there something I'm missing? Is there any App. That does this??
    I've never understood this, takes up memory, and makes no sense to me.
    Thanks for the help, just love this forum and all I've learned here. Have a good night. #

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. cynics macrumors G3

I agree with you but it is what it is. I find it very difficult and annoying to keep my photos organized.

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

If I want something to go into a folder and out of the camera roll, I will sync it to my computer first into Aperture where I have all my pre-made albums and events. Save it to the appropriate album/event, delete original from camera roll, sync album/event back to iPhone. It is a long way around of doing things, but I'd much rather my photo's be organized according to what's on my computer rather than what's on my phone.

5. Learylvr. thread starter macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Thanks so much... Guess I was hoping I'd missed something. Lol thanks for the help and suggestions. It's really the only thing that drives me bonkers with IPhones . Still gotta love'em.

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Here's an idea I had. Whenever we are on wifi, in addition to photo's going to photo stream, We have the choice of saving them to already created and synced albums on our phone and then they automatically update other devices/computers that have that same album on it. Or the option is to create new albums, and then those albums also get created on our other devices/computers. I'm sure there is a problem with this idea in some way. I would at least like to implement the first option. I don't think I've ever created a new photo album on my iPhone or iPad.