Removing unused apps from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dancj, Jul 2, 2012.

1. dancj macrumors 6502

Hi. I'm not sure this is the right board for this, but...

Does anyone know a way in iTunes (for Windows) to remove all of the apps that aren't on my iPhone or iPad? It's easy to delete the odd app here and there, but mass-deleting every app that's not used would take hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

2. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I personally just right click on the app in iTunes and press 'delete' - which I think is what you'd have to do... If there was a mass delete option, I thought I would have found it by now... Unless you multi-select (with command) and can right click on one and press delete?

I do a purge every month or so, so there only ends up being about two or three apps that I want deleted.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Hold ctrl while choosing the apps. Then right click on one of them and click Delete.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The easiest way is to delete the whole lot, then re-synch your iPhone and let it copy your "good" apps back into iTunes.

5. dancj thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

I had considered that approach, but when you delete an app from iTunes it tells you that it will remove it from your iPhone. I did find an option to transfer purchases from your device though so I guess that would do it.

Poor show from Apple to make me have to do that though.