Renaming Songs and artists in my I-Tunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sissco, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sissco macrumors newbie

People,

Recently I've taken a good few songs from two newly released Rod Stewart C.D's and managed to put them onto my I-tunes but the stupid I-tunes only calls them "Track one", "Track two" and "Track three" and so on.

Is there any way I can change the titles to the actual titles of the song and the Artist? I've tried Clicking to change the names of the tracks but the stupid thing won't let me.

Please help

Sissco

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Right Click on song, select Get Info.

Then you can edit title/artist/album etc.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you can either try to look up the tracks via the CDDB by going to Advanced>Get Track Names, or you should be able to highlight the title, click again and it should become editable, or if all else fails, right click or press command+i to Get Info and edit the information that way.

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

You can right click on a single song, or a list of songs in iTunes (click on the top track, hold down shift then click on the last to select everything in between and including those items), and then you can right click and then select Get Info. Head to the Info tab if you must and then change what you need. If you select the entire album, only change a few things that apply to all, such as album name, total tracks, album artwork, and maybe genre if you like. Otherwise if changing the track names, select the first track, get info, change the name, and then click the Next button to go to the next item down the list.

Alternately, iTunes will attempt to retrieve and input any informationg found (album/tracks) if connected to the internet when a CD is opened in iTunes. The only reason it would not get this info is if you weren't connected to the internet, if it's a random CD by an unknown or lesser known artist, or if the album is new and the info hasn't yet been inserted in their servers.

You can also change the information manually before you import the cd from iTunes as well.

edit: PlaceofDis's info is correct too. However it only works when the album was originally imported with iTunes in the first place, and is the only other way for iTunes to retrieve that information automatically after importing (if it has it).

5. Sissco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks It worked, HOw do I delete the tracks I don't want?

Thanks Sissco

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Hit delete. Or right-click and choose delete.