Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Looking to buy a new car, what do you guys think?

Do you mean new as in brand new or as in new for you?

I'd give the Focus ST the nod over the Mégane Sport personally, wipes the floor with the Alfa 147 GTA (looks from heaven, reliability from hell) Seat Leon Cupra (VAG quality/but screwed together by Pedro 'what's a door seal' in Sunny Sunny Spain) Golf GTI (sounds fast, too slow) Civic Type-R (Sure it's the only man-made object that'll survive WWIII/But what's the point of a 8 and a half grand redline when your demographic is the over 65's?).

P.S. Have you sat in a Nissan Z? I'm surprised they don't include a tube of glue in the glovebox for when bits start dropping off it's Airfix interior. heh.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I've been thinking a little about this, if it's a brand new motor, how about a Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup? Sutcliffe made a very convincing case for it. ;)

The Renaultsport Megane 250 Cup sounds... looks like an intriguing proposition too, if you'd rather go for the Coupe look. :)

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have an 07 Megane extreme. It's only the 1.4 but it's fast. It's a really good car. if the new meganes are anything like this the renaultsport will be a monster. I don't know if they do both three and five door models but I suggest a 3 door. Makes it look better. Only issue with mine is the 30MPG fuel consumption. I'm making twice weekly trips to the petrol station. Insurance is good and cheap and even this 1.4 model can beat an audi A3 off the line (with some help from my driving skills). Also it's five gears are limiting, sometimes at about 80 I could use a 6th. The car is awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.