Render 1 minute video takes 1 and half hour in After Effects on Macbook Pro. Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crackstein, Nov 13, 2010.

1. crackstein macrumors member

crackstein

This is my macbook pro specification.

13": 2.66G

Intel Core 2 Duo-prosessor
    4 GB Hukommelse
    350 GB harddisk1
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M-grafikkprosessor

With this specification, After Effects runs just fine. But when I preview the video, it can't even play smoothly even in 50% ratio. What's your computer specification if you use After Effects?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It depends on how many effects you have in your composition and how big the resolution of that composition is.

Can you tell us that, as I currently work my way through AE CS5 to learn it on my C2D 2GHz iMac with 4GB RAM and I don't have problems with, even when rendering a preview into my slow RAM.

3. crackstein thread starter macrumors member

crackstein

this video..

This is the video I'm rendering http://videohive.net/item/beam-me-up/109975

4. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Resolution, codec used, filters used and effects used all slow the rendering process.

1920x1080 is a very large resolution, and that will take a while.

If you're using any advanced codec like x264/h264 with all of its high profile bells and whistles (ie large amounts of reference frames, pyramidal b frames, custom bitrate allocation curves) your encode will be slowed down tremendously compared to lesser codecs like motion jpeg or xvid.

Some filters really slow down your encode, like the super high quality tempgaussmc deinterlacer.

In short, all these reasons are why people go to great lengths to purchase very powerful computers if they do lots of video rendering.