Reno, NV - Summit Sierra Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by attapl, Jun 19, 2010.

1. attapl macrumors newbie

Anyone gonna be there at 7AM Thursday to pick up a pre-order or wait in line for a chance at an extra?

2. xskiervh macrumors newbie

I'll be driving there in my xterra to pick up the iphone 4:cool:

3. attapl thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool I'll be there as early as possible in my white Civic. Only problem is avoiding mall security, as they don't want anyone on the property before 6am.

4. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I'm considering waiting in line. I didn't preorder since I wanted a White iPhone and now I'm wondering what the possibility of them having it in store is.

5. attapl thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it's possible they will have some white ones at the Apple Store. The wording on Apple's order page and their lack of official statement suggests to me that they have some white iPhones they want to sell, but there are so few that they don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I might try calling the store later today and asking.

6. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

No white iphone till mid July.

The line in Reno is growing, at 5:00 pm there were around 12 waiting in line. The security guys were there to keep the peace I guess so I am assuming that they are letting them stay.

How does it work with a reservation? Do I have to wait in the long line tommarrow? Or can I just walk in and pick it up, if there is no one else waiting to get their reserved phone?

7. fo0bar macrumors member

A nice man in a white box van arrived to drop mine off this morning.

... wait, there are enough interested people in Reno to begin lining up the previous day?

... wait, there are other Renoites on macrumors?

:cool:

8. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Epic bump to see if anyone is going to be camping out for the 6/6 Plus?

9. attapl thread starter macrumors newbie

Good thing I subscribe to this thread! I will be there, although I won't be camping out because I reserved mine. I will show up a few hours early in order to get a decent place in line.

10. pawheel macrumors newbie

How many people should we expect Friday morning? What time will be the best time to get there?

Anyone have past experience at this store on launch day?

11. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

No clue... I'll probably get there around 5 AM. I hope that's still early enough that I can get what I need and be out of the store by 9/10AM.

12. attapl thread starter macrumors newbie

It keeps getting bigger every year, but I would show up as early as your can, especially if you don't have a preorder. There will be hundreds of people by 8am.

13. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

How much stock have they had in past years? I'm planning on snagging a 16GB 6 (AT&T) for one of the other lines on our family plan.

14. attapl thread starter macrumors newbie

They will have thousands, but there's no way to tell what the breakdown for each model will be. This year there are 6 different models for the different cellular providers, three storage capacities and three colors. So there are 54 different iPhone models by my count. AT&T is the most popular provider for iPhone, silver is the most popular color, and the most popular capacity is whichever is cheapest.

So my guess is that they will have more 16GB Silver AT&T phones than any other combination.

None of that really helps you though, since nobody can predict how fast they will sell out. :-/

15. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I stopped by after work, there are about 20 people in line. I'm going to try and get there around 4:30-5 AM.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If we didn't have the King fire going on in El Dorado country, I'd wager a number of people in Sacramento making the drive up..

But the fire killed US 50, and if they don't get a hold on containment, may kill I-80 as well..

BL.

17. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

It's been raining on and off, too. Hoping for a relatively short line tomorrow (knock on wood).

18. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

19. Mauigirl775 macrumors newbie

That's not too bad considering....I'm laying here trying to get motivated to get up and drive over there. Ugh....is it smokey out this morning?

20. Mauigirl775 macrumors newbie

Is there anyone there from Apple? Any indication of how many 6+ will be available? I live in the NW and hate to drive all the way over there to find out that they have none......

21. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

They haven't even split the lines or given out tickets yet. So no idea.

22. Mauigirl775 macrumors newbie

I've finally gotten my butt on the road......

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Finally got my phone.

What a cluster****. The new reservation pass system was down so nobody knew what phones were in stock until the got to the front of the line and were let in the store.

24. Mauigirl775 macrumors newbie

Did you get the 6plus? I was there until 10:30AM and was about 50 people back and they said that they were going to run out...so I left...

----------

Very disorganized though since the system was down. It just sucked to wait in line for three hours to not get a phone.....

25. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I pre-ordered a 6+ that's being delivered, I was in line to snag a 6 for my wife.

When I got to the front of line (around 10:15) all they had left were 16GB Pluses and the 16/64GB regular 6's. There might have been a few other color/carrier options they were out of but they did a very poor job of communicating what stock was left.

Sorry to hear you didn't get one.