Rep. Bachmann wants investigation into "Anti-Americanism" in Congress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Oct 30, 2008.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Link

Link
    Right on the heals of Palin's rant about people being 'un-American', This nutcase pretty much wants to bring back the paranoia that people grew tired of 40 - 50 years ago: In short, some Reds are pro-McCarthyism.

I'm surprised Obama, the Blues, or any of the independents haven't jumped on this. I seriously hope people have some common sense :eek: to see what she's about and vote her out of her seat.

On the other hand, I shudder to imagine (and that's with forcing down the bile in the back of my throat) how she would fit into a Palin administration..

BL.

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

From the inbuilt dictionary in OS X:

(yes, it's one of my pet peeves).

3. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Strange that Republicans are called Reds. :eek:

[​IMG]

4. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

touche!

Edited.

BL.

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Excellent! Her and her lot can be tried for falsifying documents to take us to war for their personal gain.

About time.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This story has been running for a while. Her interview with Chris Matthews resulted in over a million dollars in donations to her Dem opponent over the following 48 hours. Since then, she's backtracked publicly on her comments while saying continuing the line in private fundraising meetings.

Meanwhile, amidst tightening poll numbers for her and some showing a slim Dem lead, another Republican has also joined the race in that district. I forget her name.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14888.html

Her Democratic opponent, Elwyn Tinklenberg, has a diary up at Kos today showing some of her recent campaign ads.

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Hopefully this nonsense will cost her dearly in her re-election campaign. The people of the USA deserve much better.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yeah... And then this sent HuffPo digging, and they came up with this gem. Link

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit