Rep. Dana Rohrabacher(R) says Bush should stay Home from Convention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Jul 5, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

In all my years, I have never seen something like this. A sitting Imperial President, being spit out by his own party. Bush keeps saying that history will see him in a much brighter light. I think he has sunk into the sewer so far, he would have to admit he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby, find a secret cure for aids and cancer, give his entire fortune to charity and spend the rest of his days in a Monastery praying for forgiveness, just to make the popularity meter needle move him above ringworm.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

This isn't terribly shocking, as Bush's administration has sharply divided the Republican party. The fact that he is a lame duck now will make such statements that much more common as we close in on a new presidency.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

[​IMG] Don't hold back on our account.

Perhaps someone will kill his link to MapQuest, and he won't be able to find his way there?

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That's a negative - the Presidential Limo is a Caddy, so it must have OnStar...or, more likely, access to the military sat-nav network with sub-millimeter accuracy. If, of course, he can work the controls. :D

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Aren't On-Star responses from a prison somewhere in Texas??

At least I was lead to believe this to be true.

Honest!!!

:p

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh come on... you remember 1999, don't you? The Al Gore dilemma of whether to campaign with Bill Clinton? It was all the media rage back then, even though Clinton enjoyed practically stratospheric approval numbers compared to the current President's numbers. There was much discussion among the cocktail-circuit crowd about how much damage Clinton would do, and as a result Gore did not take campaign with Bill Clinton much.

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

And to his detriment.

Bush, on the other hand, has stratospheric disapproval ratings and would have quite the opposite effect on the McCain campaign that Clinton would have had on the Gore campaign. I hope we see Bush out there more! :)

8. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

half of Bush's own party hates him. they know his foreign policy is a disaster and his economic policy is ridiculous.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

You may be right, but I wouldn't base it on what one obscure Congressman says. A surprising number of the members of the US House are wise in neither tongue nor mind.

10. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

I really do not recall that, but admittedly, I was not paying very close attention. However, I am willing to accept your take on the events. Yet, even so, do you not feel that is different, than a large percentage of your party, not wanting you to attend their gala extravaganza? This is usually where a 2 term departing President gets the cheers and accolades for a job well-done. I passed by a post, further upstream, where someone alludes to the fact, this is a single Representative saying this. Yet, the story indicates, he is the only one (so far), with the cucumber to speak his mind.

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I doubt he could move up above ringworm...

At least you can get rid of ringworm in about a week with over the counter medication.:D

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I used to at least give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was just a spoiled rich boy who wasn't paying attention and didn't really care about what he said he did, but now I can't help wondering how he can even walk and talk at the same time without falling over:

A Tale Of Two Economies: Bush, Bernanke Differ On Where US Is Heading

Ok. With that one, I guess you could say he just being optimistic. Or lying because he knows we're screwed. Or, at best, oblivious to what's going on. But there's more:

President George Bush: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter'

Did he really say that? :confused: That's not funny. My God, what is wrong with this man. And the best (or worst):

George W. Bush's Dad Will Golf for John McCain, But George W. Bush Will Not (We Think)

He said he gave up golf for the war, but I guess this doesn't count since it's said he didn't actually play. Classy. I'm sure there's more, but this is depressing enough. No wonder they don't want him around.