Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC): Matthew Shepard hate crime a "hoax"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Apr 29, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/virginia-foxx-story-of-ma_n_192971.html

This woman is a bitch. Plain and simple. I have nothing more to say about her. She's a bitch and a disgrace to this country.

And what's even worse, is Matthew Shepard's mother was present in the House gallery when this bitch called her son's brutal death a hoax. Mrs. Shepard must have nerves of steel to be able to listen to that and not retaliate. If I were her, I would've jumped over the gallery railing down to the floor and decked that bitch so badly that they would be adding old, white, southern, homophobic, racist, bigoted republican congresswomen to that hate crime legislation. I'm not a violent person, but I just couldn't sit there and hear someone say that and not do anything about it.

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

yes...yes she is

edit: The right wing has recently crossed a line, then they drew a new line and danced over it.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

The GOP moves further towards an extremist party?

Unless the rest(from people for vote for 'em to the heads of the party) of the GOP comes out and calls her on this bull! Quick, act fast GOP!

Or let this happen, break up, reform as those who support small government and individual rights...for real. I'll still disagree with your take on government, but at least the damage you'd do would be smaller then big government GOP of today

4. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What a f***ing bitch. What is wrong with these people? They are completely off their rockers. Keep going, GOP! Keep showing us the true colors you've been trying to hide for so long. It's nice to see you finally admitting what bigots many of you are.

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

All i can say is that must be some heavy **** the GOP has been smokin' for the past 20 years. Those things catch up to you eventually....

7. todd2000 macrumors 68000

8. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I was actually just about to post this topic, but you beat me to it. I saw this on Countdown last night, and didn't believe what I was seeing. What a bitch, Winston Salem isn't too far from me, maybe I should pay her a visit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-aQR4qKEao

Update: She "apologized" but still doesn't admit that it wasn't a hoax, or that it was a hate crime, just that "It was a poor choice of words"

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Is there any way to access that 2004 20/20 report? Without it, one can't tell if she herself thought there was some hoax, or if the report alluded to some hoax.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Doesn't change the fact that she's an a**hole. That she would even do this in the first place speaks volumes.

11. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

The girlfriends of the murderers told investigators that they were specifically going to target a gay person, and the murderers themselves said under oath that they did it because Matthew Shepard was gay. The 20/20 report was crap and I think the sworn testimony of the scumbags who carried out the crime is more reliable than any garbage put out by the media.

12. Desertrat macrumors newbie

yg17, built in to what you're saying is that Foxx was hoaxed, was misled, by the media. She was apparently unaware of the testimony in court.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

She's a political leader, 'rat. It's her damn job to know WTF she's talking about! Truth is, she believed what she wanted to believe, and you know it.

14. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

If she's going to talk about and vote on a bill, she should know what the f**k she's talking about. You know, research it. And don't rely on the media for facts because we all know that 99% of the time, the media is full of crap.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Seems like a waste of time to me, if you commit premeditated or voluntary murder it doesn't matter to me if its a hate crime or not, you should be jailed for life or put to death.

Can anyone explain why we need extra legislation to put murderers/other criminals behind bars?

I think I remember seeing a video on this shepherd kid back in college, pretty ****ed up.

16. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Believe me I agree. I wasn't saying her apology makes it all better, in fact it just digs her deeper into her hole.