[Repair] Original parts ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stormp1, Oct 19, 2013.

1. stormp1 macrumors newbie

Hi Macrumors !

My friend damaged his Iphone 5 screen and wanted to have it repaired, but prices where insane. Instead we bought a ifixit lcd repair kit. It was a succes (quality seems a MARGINALY lower when it comes to colours/contrast).

I really think the repair prices in my country are INSANE (easily about 3-400 dollars in "dirty" shops). I want to offer the same service, at a much lower cost for the customer and have begun searching for parts, which leads to my question...

Are these parts "original" ?
    - Ebay.co.uk Iphone 5 LCD
    - Ebay.co.uk battery

It seems to be original parts, but I want to be 100% certain before I say it is to my custumors...

Thanks for your time

2. zeezey macrumors member

Apple does not sell original parts to anyone. So I think finding original apple parts is next to impossible.

3. stormp1 thread starter macrumors newbie

So even if the seller has a 99.9% reputation on ebay, I can't assume that the "original/genuine parts" are original ? :(

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There's certainly no guarantee. They may be "genuine" parts but are grey/black market, taken from Foxconn plants through less-than-normal supply channels. Or, they could be complete knockoffs of varying quality.