Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by EUREKA BOB, Aug 21, 2011.

1. EUREKA BOB macrumors newbie

Hello Fellow IMac users,

I am new to this way of life. I kinda feel like a fish out of water. You could rightly suppose I'm desperate and a little S####d.

Let's getter done!

I discovered the following C##p tonight and it might have hit the fan. I'd be much obliged if someone would take a look at it , smell it, poke it, or what ever !!! Then ... give me a holler, so I kin commence ta clean-inn it up.
    ****** This is just a small part of the 13 pages of the ******
    ****** "Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”" ******

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/setregion" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Printers/IOMs/LPRIOM.plugin/Contents/MacOS/LPRIOMHelper" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Group differs on "private/etc/cups", should be 0, group is 26.

Permissions differ on "private/var/spool/cups/cache/rss", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are drwxrwxr-x .

ACL missing on "Applications/Utilities".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/BlackAndWhiteEffect.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

H E L P !!!!

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Click Repair Permissions and leave it be.

Sheesh, can't people just leave a turd undisturbed?

3. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi Bob,
    a few upgrades (of OS) BACK it was working, but now fixing permissions is getting worse & worse...