Repiaring a Water Damages iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmheffer, May 4, 2012.

1. tmheffer macrumors newbie

All,

My wife accidentally left her iPhone 4S in her pants pocket and it ended up in the washing machien for about 7-8 minutes before she realized and took it out. After a week in an airtight container of dry rice, it shoudl be dry but still will not work.

What are my best options. There are a lot of services I can find online where I mail the phone and they offer diagnostics and cleaning. Does Apple offer a simialr service?

Has anyone had any lukc or experience with a repaitr service?

Thank you,

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's probably beyond repair. Apple offers a swap out service for $149.

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

It's a 4S...So $199. But that's probably your best bet. I wouldn't send my device out to some 3rd party repair place to fix water damage. Cut your losses and get a replacement from apple for $199.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I agree with the other posts, but if you want to give it another shot, take the back of (it's easy on the 4S) and let it dry some more or GENTLY put some warm dry air on it (think hair dryer on low a few feet away). Don't melt it. Sorry to hear about it. I ran my kid's iPod Touch through the washer and dryer and it still works. For now.

5. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Maybe running it through the dryer while in a pants pocket might help it, like it helped the above poster's kid's iPod Touch (unintentionally probably). Just a thought... (Don't want to melt it though)