replace out of warranty iphone or buy new phone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rwg5289, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rwg5289, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

Rwg5289 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I have an Iphone 5s , that i have been using for almost 2 years, and there's a bunch of problems with it. The headphone jack gives distortion instead of sound(cleaned it and everything),display is protruding, the battery life sucks, and it loses touch randomly(i have to sleep wake it for it work again).I contacted apple and they say for 269$ they will make sure my phone works as "new". SO im wondering what i should be doing ?
    Should i just buy a new phone for 600$ and have a year warranty with a brand new phone at hand or should i go ahead and get a replacement.
    thanks alot everyone!
    Ps . Money is somewhat of an issue , but if I present a case where buying a new phone is better to my parents then I can. And please don't give vain answers. I really need some help.
    I'm also willing to fix it myself. Which I'm thinking is a very good idea. I'm comfortable with dissembling my phone and stuff. So please go ham on suggestion and what you think is the best option

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Well, that's up to you and your budget. $269 is way cheaper than $650 but if you really want a new phone then go for it.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If your screen is protruding and your battery life is poor, the battery may be defective and expanding. I'd take it in to Apple and ask if they can take a look at it. In some cases they'll just swap a phone with this issue out, no questions asked.