Replaced iPhone 4 frame, sim card tray slightly misaligned

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prvt.donut, Feb 27, 2012.

1. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Pretty much all in the title, did a frame swap and popped in the sim card tray (the one that came with the new frame) and it doesn't sit perfectly flush, one side is raised a little.

Also now I can't pop the tray out again, the removal tool doesn't seem to push on the eject button inside.

Is this a common problem? It's not a big issue now, as I don't NEED to take out the sim, but I just worry about when I come to buy the iphone 5 and sell this one, I will need to get the sim out.
  2. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2009
    Belfast, UK
    My brand new iPhone4 is the same, the tray sticks out a tiny bit at the eject hole end, and is sunk in a bit at the other end.

I have my phone in a case, so it doesn't bother me too much.
  3. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

May 9, 2008
    My 4S's sim tray is slightly raised on the side where the eject hole is and slightly sunken in on the other side, I wouldn't worry about that.

Not being able to remove the tray- now that is an issue I'd be worried about.