Replaced Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcusb, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pcusb macrumors newbie

Hello,

So I replaced a screen(digitizer + lcd screen/pre-assembled) on my iPhone 4S with one bought from jazooli(on ebay) and after i turn on my iPhone it shows the Apple logo and after that I wanted to clear the screen and I pressed a bit harder and there were some weird colors(exactly like when you press the screen on a regular lcd monitor. I believe the lcd is too close to the digitizer or something.
    I had a 3GS two years ago and I dropped it on the floor and I had to replace the screen again. After I replaced the digitizer, on the area of 4-5cm from the bottom of the screen the touch screen wasn't working. So I've sent it to my provider(they have an authorized service) and they replaced my phone.
    Should I do the same now?

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That would be fraud. You replaced your own screen and voided your warranty. If you want it fixed right you should have taken it to Apple and paid the $199 for a replacement.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You can try but when they open your phone and seen that you have already done work yourself they probably will say it was your fault.

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Don't listen to these other fools. If you purchased legitimate parts from eBay they are almost indistinguishable from OEM Apple parts. Go ahead and send it in to your provider or Apple. Yes, you are taking advantage of them, but frankly I don't care. They make enough money of these phones, especially service providers. These others guys are talking as if this is like a crime. I have a friend who works at Apple and this happens numerous times a day. People purposely screw with their phones just to get Apple to replace it. Yes, its not moral, but hey, you paid top dollar for their item and ***** happens.

As long as Apple or your service provider doesn't find any indications that the item has been tampered with, you should be fine.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Glad to hear that you at least said it is not moral.

Paying top dollar is not an excuse to be a low life.:mad:

How sad that you can mentally balance that screwing others is OK if you paid what you think is a lot of money. Make sure you pass that trait along to your kids! :p

6. wpotere Guest

BTW, they will look to see if it was opened and if they determined it was they will void the warranty.

As for the crime part, it is, it is called fraud.