Replacement iP4S, New or Refurbished?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by inlvnv, Nov 17, 2011.

1. inlvnv macrumors member

My 2 week old iP4S had several issues and genius at the apple store decided I should exchange it with a brand new iP4S. I got the new phone in a sealed retail box on 11/15; but looking at the lifetime call time (pic) in the settings, I'm not sure if it is a new phone. Obviously, I couldn't possibly have used this phone for 6 1/2 days in the past 1 1/2 days I've had this phone; so, I'm not sure if this total usage was carried over from my other phone or not.

Per this site, http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html/, this phone was manufactured in week 45, which would have been the week of 11/7. Most posts here seemed to indicate refurbished iP4S won't be in the channel for 2 or 3 months. So, is it new or refurbished?

Attached Files:

2. aleesara01 macrumors newbie

I am not sure about whether they are replacing with new or refurns, but if you restored with iCloud, it brings over the information from your previous handset.

Hope that helps!

3. inlvnv thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, looking at the lifetime call time on my replaced iPhone, you are right. Odd why they would do this.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

How could a phone in a sealed retail box from Apple not be a new phone?

That would be corrupt and illegal.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

6. inlvnv thread starter macrumors member

My question was solely based on replacement phone's "lifetime call time" in settings. However, after looking at the settings in my previous iPhone, it appears restoring also transferred "lifetime call time" total to new phone. So the replacement phone was new.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

perhaps you need to learn what accused means.. lawyers will take on any case because they'll make money no matter what.. even if it's really absurd.

there's a lot of stupid people in this world who will sue people without doing investigating of themselves.

remember last year at launch? how many threads/posts were there like this:

"is my iPhone used? there's an email address i don't recognize on the device" - answer: no, it's not used. your phone was activate in store, it will likely have the stores email address