Replacement iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dannster, Mar 10, 2012.

1. dannster macrumors regular

dannster

Hi all,

I foolishly tried to fix my broken lock/power button today on my iPhone 4 and after I'd put everything back together again the screen doesn't work!

I turn it on and all I see are lines down the screen.

I checked the connectors on to the logic board and they're all fixed fine. I spent 6 hours today trying to fix it.

My phone's just out of warranty, but if I were to visit a Genius and say I discovered my phone like this, would they allow me to buy a replacement? I think it's £120?

Also, how would they be able to check the warranty if they can't check on the phone?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can always get an out of warranty replacement, if you're willing to pay for it. No need to lie.

IIRC, one of the ribbons can be easily stripped when you open the iPhone (I think it's ribbon #3....don't know if that affects the screen). Also, you may think you have the ribbons connected, but when you close it, they might be coming off. Anyway, you obviously did something, or the screen wouldn't be like that.

3. dannster thread starter macrumors regular

dannster

I'm just concerned about telling the truth unless they say I'm not eligible for their out of warranty replacement service! I know I voided the warranty by trying to repair it and I know it's out of warranty any way... I'm just concerned doing what I have done may void it.

Will they open it up in the store? Or just replace it and charge me £120?