Replacement iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheepead, Jan 13, 2013.

1. sheepead macrumors newbie

Had a problem with my iPhone 5 so went to my nearest Apple store in Meadowhall (uk). They changed it no problem but the genius claimed it was a brand new phone that had been made purely to act as a replacement phone. It came out of a white box.

I always assumed I'd get a refurb from the things people say in this forum. Have things changed and are they now give new phones or is this standard policy in the uk?

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

An Apple refurb is pretty much a new device for any other company, they use all new internals (battery, camera, processor, antennas). If it looks fine on the outside just take it.

3. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I always thought it was a new external with used internals and a fresh battery.

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Yeah that's what I thought too. I thought they only changed internals if they needed to be changed. Otherwise it was like you said, fresh case and fresh battery.

5. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Maybe it is that way, but still borderline new? The battery is the main internal you want to be new and new case is really all that's left for someone to notice.