Replacement iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahpiang007, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ahpiang007 macrumors newbie

I exchanged my iPhone 5 today due to a intermittent "No SIM" issue. Didn't noticed any difference until I looked at the back of the phone earlier and saw that the color of the aluminium is slightly different! It was lighter than the original slate color and instead it look more like the 5s space grey but slighltly darker. There was no blue hue like my original set at all. Anyway, pictures speaks better than words.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe Apple has changed the color of the original slate to a more space gre y tone? I don't know but I am certainly loving this color more than the original slate.

2. syd430 Guest

Looks like the same old slate to me. Also, why would Apple change the colour now only for replacement/refurb models? The 5 has been discontinued. Customers also wouldn't want a different product to the one they bought.

3. ahpiang007 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's different. There is no blue hue to it at all and it's lighter. I will get my friend's 5 and compare it side by side with a pic.

4. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Colour can vary from batch to batch. Remember that it's not paint but anodised.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

6. ahpiang007 thread starter macrumors newbie

It think it varies too much if that is the case.:D

----------

lol nope!