Replacement phone 2 days in.... No bend so far, seems to run smoother too

Xzentric

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2012
So on Friday evening, there was a knock at the door. It was the ups man holding a small white box. My replacement iPhone. He wasn't to happy as i was his 95th delivery, last of the day. I asked him how many swaps he had done and I was his first ( good sign ).

So after doing the swap and restoring the phone, I placed it on a flat surface to check if straight. There is a slight wobble in the top left corner, but to be honest I coulnt care. Visually it looks ok.

I have refused to put it back in the spiegen case, as I'm paranoid that could have been the reason the last one bent. I am actually getting used to the idea of a naked phone. However I have an apple leather case on the way.

One other thing I notice is the iOS 8 seems a lot smoother on this phone. There is no lag which I had before on the previous phone.

I phoned Apple later Friday night and purchased Apple care+. Definitely a good investment.

I have also been babying my phones as before, to the exteme even.

So all in a all, fantastic customer service from Apple, and a fantastic phone to boot.

#

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
So on Friday evening, there was a knock at the door. It was the ups man holding a small white box. My replacement iPhone. He wasn't to happy as i was his 95th delivery, last of the day. I asked him how many swaps he had done and I was his first ( good sign ).

So after doing the swap and restoring the phone, I placed it on a flat surface to check if straight. There is a slight wobble in the top left corner, but to be honest I coulnt care. Visually it looks ok.

I have refused to put it back in the spiegen case, as I'm paranoid that could have been the reason the last one bent. I am actually getting used to the idea of a naked phone. However I have an apple leather case on the way.

One other thing I notice is the iOS 8 seems a lot smoother on this phone. There is no lag which I had before on the previous phone.

I phoned Apple later Friday night and purchased Apple care+. Definitely a good investment.

So all in a all, fantastic customer service from Apple, and a fantastic phone to boot.

#
What Spigen case did you have?

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

#
Ill buy your phone a bib too

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I hope you have a better experience with this one.

I Use the Apple Leather case on my iPhone 6 Plus too.
Good choice.