Replacement Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jturn241, May 17, 2012.

1. jturn241 macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a new digitizer they have personally used? I recently purchased one off eBay and it was no where close to OEM quality. Many dead pixels and the resolution was more on par with the iPhone 3 then the iPhone 4. I understand that its probably unlikely I will be able to find something that Apple would use but I would like something close.

As a side note when I originally did the replacement my camera has not worked since. It will not open the shutter. I have tried every reset and restore possible. The genius bar also could not figure it out.
    It's a CDMA iPhone 4.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

ifixit has good quality stuff, however it will be more expensive I am sure than what you paid. Apple will replace the phone for you for $150.

3. jturn241 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm looking for something just to get by right now. Don't feel like spending $150 when I plan to upgrade this summer.

4. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

You're only looking for the digitizer? Or the whole display assembly?

5. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Go with iFixit. They have original parts so you can be sure they're good. Albeit not cheap.

As for the question in the post above: anything newer than the iPhone 4 has the display glued to the digitiser. So they only come as a single package.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Honestly, I suggest you deal with what you have then. Basically you are asking for something as nice as what Apple gives you but for not the same price. If it worked that way, I don't think I would be buying from Apple myself. :)

7. jturn241 thread starter macrumors member

The iFixit is just a marked up screen which can be had for much less. It only costs apple $190 to build the entire phone.
    I understand that I'm not going to get an OEM screen but there is close and then not so close. For the iFixit screen its the same price to buy a refurb from apple which is not what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for a cheap replacement that functions and is pretty close to what the phone came with.

I'm really looking for someone who has purchased a screen from a 3rd party and had good experience with what they got.

8. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

I have... are you looking for a digitizer or the full display assembly?

9. jturn241 thread starter macrumors member

I'm looking for the full assembly

10. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Sorry, just noticed your phone was CDMA. For reference, I order my GSM parts from a seller by the name of rrborg.