Replacing an iPhone 4 - cost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndpitch, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

Now that the iPhone 5 is out, and the iPhone 4 is 2 generations behind, does anyone know what Apple will do about replacing a launch day iPhone 4? It is very old and seen better days. I want to keep it and use it as my work phone. Right now it's not being used because I've upgraded to the iPhone 5.

It just has a lot of wear and tear that I don't want to have to deal with. The home button is very iffy, the screen is scratched in places, the camera lens is fogged up, the battery isn't what it once was, etc etc. If I could do a refurb exchange for 100 bucks, or better yet, as a one time courtesy, that would be sweet.

Does Apple have a tier system for the out of warranty replacements?

2. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

My home button went bad and the swapped for a refurb for $150

3. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I cracked the screen on my 4 a few months ago and they replaced it for $150, not sure if it's less now that it's third on the tier.

4. kbt1020 macrumors regular

150. No change. Went there on Saturday trying to replace a broken power button. I was asking if I can even exchange for a 4S with a little more cost. They said no.... sigh

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes Apple has announced a tiered plan for Out of Warranty replacements.

However the iPhone 4 is still $149 as are the older iPhone models. Only the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 are more.

iPhone 4S - $199
    iPhone 5 - $229

Dave

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yes, Apple will have plenty of 4s in stock. What you'll have to pay is a different question, but regardless, they will be able to replace it.