Replacing cracked iphone 4 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imunro3, Nov 2, 2012.

1. imunro3 macrumors newbie

I have badly stripped the battery connecter screw... can i just work around the battery to replace my front screen? please help!

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

depending how bad it is.. either

A) take small piece of rubberband... stretch it out.. and place it on top of the screw.. while its still stretched and on top.. use the screw driver to unscrew as normal.

B) A drop of fast setting epoxy on the flat end of a small nail might stick to the screw head tightly enough that you can unscrew it.
    jbweld etc. get it to stick to it at an angle.. then just turn the nail.. (turning the screw) hard to explain but i hope that makes sense

3. imunro3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried both those methods :(

4. kannesss macrumors 6502a

If what he said doesn't work then it's almost impossible. You'll have to take off a screw under the battery that goes to hold the vibrator in place. That you will have to take off to take screen out of the front.
    Replacing my screen was horrible. I regret it more than any decision in recent years.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

dang :/ is it raised up at all? I dont remember the name of the tool but there is a almost tweezer like thing that can grip them on the side of the head.

it looks like a tweezer end.. but really high resistance with a coil... kind of like those "grip master" work out things... haha that you squeeze to work your forearms

6. imunro3 thread starter macrumors newbie

aw that sucks! so annoyed! stupid screw!

----------

yes a little bit actually... i'll look into it, thank you!

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle