Replacing iPhone 4S With Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Certinfy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Basically my 4S home button has just become really weird, mushy on one side and not even level. Even moves around a little which is just annoying.

Anyway if I were to go to an Apple store and they were to replace it would I get replacement screen protectors or anything? :confused:

2. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

No.

3. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

If you have power support screen protectors they can easily be removed and re-applied to your replacement phone. I've done it with no problems! Take your time, use some tape to remove it and you'll be good!!

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

No they won't

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've never done this myself on a SP that's been on a phone for a while but when I mess up during an application I remove it with the application tape that they provide to lift from the phone. If there's any lint, dirt, fingerprints, or anything else I use the same tape on the other side of the SP and the phone. There really isn't an adhesive on the Power Support SP, so it works and re-sticks well.

7. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

Well, if you really think about it, no, it's not a bit much. If the product fails as a result of shoddy quality control on Apple's part, and the replacement of your phone results in your screen protector being rendered useless, then it would be pretty reasonable for apple to throw you a screen protector at a cost that would probably come in at around $.50 for them. I know the policy, but it's not a bit much for him to ask the question.

8. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

An eye for an eye .. if your home button is mushy, you will get iPhone unit replacement, if at all .. or the very least you get your home button replaced.

Why asking for screen protector when the problem is in your home button? It's not like the screen protector gonna cover up that button, huh? :rolleyes:

You might ask for some compensation, but it's not in the right form either.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

No company is going to do this. Any modifications you make to any product will not be replaced if you have to send that product in for warranty. This is pretty standard, across the board, with all manufacturers. If we are going to take it as far as this, why not ask for some money back in compensation for your time and travel costs to the store? After all, you wasted valuable time taking the phone back to the store (and yes, there are people that ask this sort of thing from customer service all the time).

I am sure they would happily give you back the screen protector off the phone though.

And no, the screen protector, at cost, is not $.50 for Apple. I would say it is at least a couple of bucks. The company making the screen protector has to make money too. They aren't selling them to apple for a piddly 50 cent piece.

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Come on, use some common sense.

Use a tape, remove the protector and lay it on a clean piece of paper. IF you get a replacement, take the protector and reapply it.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The iPhone did not come with screen protectors; Apple does not replace third-party products on their dime.

Anyways if you're looking for a deal, I bought like 30 screen protectors for my iPad for $5 shipped or something like that. I'm sure it's cheaper for iPhones.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm more than certain that there's a clause somewhere stating that they won't return the charger and other accessories if you include them.

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Better yet, the OP should pry open his/her wallet with a crowbar and just buy a new set.