Replacing my IP4 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toasty hoodie, Oct 15, 2012.

1. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

My battery has some bad cells I think. So I ordered a new one with tools from ifixit.com.

What it does is it barely lasts 4 hours now. And sometimes the phone dies at 50%, sometimes goes to 10%

So a new battery it is until my upgrade comes around in March.

2. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

3. toasty hoodie thread starter macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I know it's so amazing, but I was really wanting to find out if anyone else did it before, so I can get an idea what I'm getting into.

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

You were on their site. Did you take a look at this guide to get a feel for what it takes to swap out the battery?

In my honest opinion, it looks pretty easy to me. You take the rear cover off, remove a screw, disconnect a cable and then take the battery out.

5. erftbll81 macrumors member

It is extremely easy to replace, after taking off the back glass you remove one screw that holds the battery in place and pry it out with the plastic tool. It might be glued down pretty hard though.

6. toasty hoodie thread starter macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

On a slightly related question, does anyone know if you take the 4/4S to the Apple store for a battery replacement, do they replace the whole phone or just the battery?
    I always thought the whole phone, but it looks so easy to replace just the battery.