Report claims iPod, MacBook, and MacBook Pro shortages coming... along with new gear

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Beau10, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

From Engadget (apologies if this has been posted in another thread, haven't seen it from scanning the forums):

According to a report from AppleInsider, the Cupertino giant is issuing "advisement bulletins" to some of its channel partners suggesting they get their hands on iPods and MacBooks / MacBook Pros while the gettin's good. It seems that Apple is telling resellers to place orders for a four-week block's worth of top-selling iPods, saying that within the next seven days supplies will become extremely limited, while recommending a three-week supply of MacBooks and MacBook Pros. The article claims that this practice is familiar to third-party sellers, and indicates Apple is ramping up for its holiday season (and new iPods and MacBooks / Pros, presumably). Of course, right now this is just whispers in high school hallways, but we can promise you this: Apple will be selling something this holiday season. You have our word.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/30/report-claims-ipod-macbook-and-macbook-pro-shortages-coming/

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think it's the time of the year when supplies get thin and the portions get small; wait sorry, I got nostalgic.

4. Beau10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree with ggjstudios, mods can you move the thread there?