Report: French Army is Planning To Recapture Muslim "No-Go Zones" in Cities Throughout France

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 22, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. Limey77 macrumors regular

And you wonder why people claim that your a prime example of the alt-right.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

In other news, the US military is reportedly planning to capture Big Foot.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh good lord. I thought this no go stuff was put to rest a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Must be running out of conspiracy theories if things are being recycled now.

5. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I would be kinda surprised if France didn't have some plans. Whether they actually go anywhere is a different thing. Look at all the plans the US had in the 20s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

Despite the fact there's plenty of information about what these areas actually are, they're still being referred to as "Muslim no go zones" by people with right wing views.

Its frankly more pathetic than the time that Fox news reported Birmingham was a Muslim no go zone, at least they realised their mistake and apologised, where as people like Aaronvan desperately peddle this tripe continuously.

The ironic thing is, when you look at travel advice for America, there is actually warnings about travelling to certain places if you're black or gay.

7. juanm, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Please, you're embarrassing yourself, stop copying any and all nonsense that you find on fringe alt-right websites on the internet. There are bad neighbourhoods in France, just like there are bad neighbourhoods in pretty much any city. The French Gendarmerie is a branch of the army, despite being for almost all effects and purposes what would be considered normal Police anywhere else. Simplifying it a lot, it goes like this: within large cities boundaries-> Police. Outside large cities boundaries-> Gendarmerie. Another difference is that Police is usually proximity, patrolling, etc.
    Any intervention by the Gendarmerie (even getting fined for a traffic violation) would technically be the Army intervening. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Gendarmerie

Zemmour is a joke, nobody within France takes him seriously (although I do agree with his premise that Hollande's term has been useless)

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

The only difference between rough places in France and rough places anywhere else, is in France they have a habit of trying to drop white goods on the Police for some weird reason.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Dude....what is going on with you? This entire concept is trash. There is no such thing a "no go zones" other than in the right wing echo chamber.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They love fear, even fake fear. It's why they support an authoritarian for President. Trump professed his love for another dictator the other day. Putin, Un, El Sisi...am I missing any?

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It does not help when Right Wingers inflate these kind of issues for a political fear agenda. Hasn't the term no go zone been attributed to U.S. origins and organizations like Faux News?

The idea of capturing a minority populate neighborhood is an interesting notion when it comes to the evaporation of civil rights in the name of security, a standing occupation surely to improve civil relations :rolleyes:, in other words, the death of Liberty. :eek:

12. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

"Alt-Right" is White Nationalism attempting to rebrand itself.

13. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I'm interested in your source for this. I believe it's out there; I'd like to see the warnings.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

15. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

As I thought, a protest warning telling trans folks to think twice about coming to the us because they might be expected to use the correct restroom.

And a warning for young black males to avoid getting involved in demonstrations over race (a wise piece of advice given the oft violent nature of those protestors and their demonstrations).

Hardly the same as warning gays and blacks which areas of the US to avoid; which is what your first post seemed to claim.

16. aaronvan, Sep 23, 2016

aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Source for your American "no-go zones."

Edit: I see the BBC provided your "warnings." Not exactly the Foreign Office.

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

First, welcome back to the thread aaronvan, do you have any response to the claims that your OP in this thread is completely invalid? Second while sim667 never asserted that the warnings were from government sources, the Bahamas did issue a state warning. While they didn't specify the cities in which to avoid, one might suggest that's because the list is too long...

18. APlotdevice, Sep 23, 2016
  19. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Which post falsifies the proposition made by noted French investigative journalist, Eric Zemmour? However, several posts did suggest that a French Jew is a proponent of White Nationalism, a claim so fundamentally stupid that it didn't deserve comment. I notice you ignored the validity of those comments.

20. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

21. Raid, Sep 23, 2016

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Fantastic non answer. I'm not playing, but I will clarify.

I didn't claim any of the posts 'falsifies' your non-opined OP. Others here have stated Mr. Zemmour's comments about no-go-zones are pure fantasy as they are non existent in France; do you care to defend the information contained in your OP? What in your opinion constitutes a no-go-zone?

Also in this thread there are no direct claims that Mr. Zemmour is a proponent of White Nationalism:
    I believe that Limey77 was directing that at you aaronvan... subsequently bent christian posed this about the "Alt-Right"
    However Mr. Zemmour was convicted of promoting(?) racial discrimination.