Report: Trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, May 15, 2017.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

This news really doesn't surprise me. He's been buddy, buddy with them for ages and he's dumb as a stump. He is a clear and present danger to the United States and should be removed from office, even if we get a theocrat like Pence in his place. Of course his supporters will forgive this crime, as they let him get away with everything else.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...p-revealed-highly-classified-info-to-russians

2. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

"Well, when the president does it, that means it is not illegal." — Richard Nixon, during an interview with David Frost, 1977.

3. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

So tired of liberals beating an old horse to death. Someone makes a claim, no true source is giving other than it came from the Washington Post and the website is nothing but click bait. Until everyone is reporting it, I won't believe it.

4. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

"Everyone?" Or, sources you believe because they happen to dovetail with your particular ideology?

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Current and former U.S. officials" How would former officials know? I'll take made up sources for $1000 Alex.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What could convince you that this story is true?

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Fox news.

:rolleyes:

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because they worked with the trump transition team.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Named sources that were put in place by this administration along with the last.
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2017 ---
    That was almost 5 months ago.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Right, and because they've been read into the program and its clearance level. It's interesting to see how hard people work to dismiss one story, but immediately throw caution to the wind on another. And, this cuts both ways.

That's a bridge too far. If a source reveals that they told the Washington Post this, they will be fired and could be prosecuted.

Again, there's a good reason for sources to remain anonymous and yet that information will be fair and accurate.

11. IronWaffle, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Folks, he's just streamlining things and being transparent (with Russia). No hacking or investigations necessary.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

This is, I believe, a completely new horse.

The WaPo article cites several White House figures who have moved to contain the damage caused by Trump's reckless talk with the Russian Foreign Minister.

The WaPo article is reasonably specific about the type of material Trump leaked to the Russians: He boasted about his intelligence briefings, and passed on information about a source providing intel about Islamic State intentions in a certain Syrian city. (The WaPo chose not to disclose the details, at the request of US intelligence agencies.) The information was received from a US ally (also not identified publicly by the Post). And this ally shared the information with the US on the understanding that it not be passed on to third parties - and especially Russia.

Trump's boasting is likely to mean that other US intelligence partners are going to be somewhat reluctant to share future intelligence sources with the US. This is, I am sure even those of the meanest intelligence can figure out, a serious problem.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I have a feeling the source isn't the issue but it's the message you don't like hearing. After all, it's a little difficult to make the case that Hillary was so awful with careless handling of classified emails when Trump is intentionally releasing classified info.....to our enemies no less. :rolleyes:

Time for Trump to GO. He's too sloppy, incompetent, unknowledgeable and careless.

15. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

To those who might doubt this claim I ask you:
    Why would they do so? Trump has consistently proven himself to be a scandal-magnet all by himself...

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Exactly. No one needs to make up anything. That should be obvious to even Trump apologists by now.

17. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

who is Russia bombing? ISIS.. what did Trump "allegedly" disclose?
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2017 ---
    give it a crack :D

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Jim Dalrymple II is the son of Jim Dalrymple.

If you knew who he was you would know he knows a LOT of people.

This is Macrumors. you should know who he is.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I would have stuck with the news group that didn't post a made up story about golden shower parties.

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Is Trump the western version of Wimp Lo? I must apologize for Wimp Lo, he is an idiot. We have purposely trained him wrong as a joke.

21. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I don't think they are related.

22. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

The sad part about his bragging is that he cannot be charged for discussing classified info as he has the power (as POTUS) to declassify information on the spot.
    Someone needs to put a ****ing muzzle on his ass now.

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Father and son.

[​IMG]

edit : wrong pic

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

That is his son Michael.