Report: Trump was unfamiliar with the scope of the president's job when meeting Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I thought taking a break from politics would do me good. I come back from vacation to find this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-obama-meeting-2016-11

upload_2016-11-14_7-31-30.gif

Not only are Trump and his team completely oblivious about the job but now Obama has to hold his hand to get him started.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm sure that fun fact came from Obama and or his staff. Totally being truthful in that claim.:rolleyes:

3. samcraig macrumors P6

If true - it confirms my take on that press video from last week. It looked like Trump was overwhelmed. I wrote in another thread that it's a lot easier to criticize the government and point out everything that's wrong and believe you can fix it - it's another thing to actually pull back the curtain and see how that all works and what's required. During the election I often felt that Trump wanted to be the idea man and the face of the White House. I never really saw him as the guy to get down to brass tacks and do the actual work. And so far I'm not impressed with who he has chosen to help lead alongside him.

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary was very familiar with the scope of the president's job.

The American working class didn't give a damn.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Sad pivot. Hillary isn't the President elect. What's the relevance in bringing her into a conversation about Trump's transition?

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That's the point. POTUS isn't an entry level position.

8. robotica, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

I am sure trump will and can delegate many responsibilities away from himself.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

But on November 14th it no longer matters, it matters up until 7th. People didn't want a career Pol thy got one and that's going to come with hiccups this is the first of many.

10. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Its an elected position. No experience is required, as exhibited by the current administration.

Obama thought legislating with a pen and a phone was going to create a lasting legacy. I guess nobody told him that his memos and orders are pretty much as effective as used toilet paper when the next president comes in.

But that is what happens when you put a city planner in the oval office.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Right and I'm just saying hiccups at that level could be really bad.

12. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

It's not just Trump but the people he's surrounding himself with. You'ed think that taking a job that you don't know how to do, one would bring in people who would at least tutor him on the job as well as the others who are apart of that team. How anyone thought it was wise to hire someone for the job of jobs who doesn't know how to do that actual job is beyond stupid.

13. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Love how you guys always say he was just a city planner/community organizer as if he went straight from that job to the Oval Office. But that's ok, since Obama didn't have enough experience in your mind it's fine that trump has even less.

14. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

They can and some probably will but we got what we wanted..(general we)

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Is The Wall Street Journal a credible source in PRSI this week?

16. mudslag, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Funny you mention that as the Right sure made note to point that out. So what do they do, go out and get someone with even less experience and knowledge then the current admin. It's almost like they put up a challenge to show that they can make a far worse move then the Left.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

This is one reason why he's less dangerous than people think..

Trump won which was the only thing important, he's 70 and that job will make young men old, he's got a kid younger than mine that I'm sure he'd like to see to adaulthood. I don't think he'll run again he's a flash in the pan and the expression of peoples anger. We'll all be fine with four years of Donald barely making it through speeches.

18. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Four years is more then enough to make a lot of bad decisions.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016 ---
    Id love to see the Generals sit down with Trump and say "ok tell us, what do you know about ISIS that we don't", just to put him on the spot.

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

It's going to take a year to figure out what he's doing so that's three, another year on the back end for elections so that's two. There will be another hurricane or some other natural crisis which will take up time and there's still a war going on.

Donnie won't be doing much damage

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Trump is going to look 15 years older in 4 years.

21. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

22. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

When the GOP got together and decided to uniformly block any proposal Obama put forward, he was forced to legislate with a pen. Regardless of what you thought of Obama, the amount of GOP obstruction since 2008 has been unprecedented.

23. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

For reference

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Well the fact that congress, the President and likely the SC will all be on the same "side" says that the potential for damage - long term - might be greater than you anticipate. We shall see.

25. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Congress and the Senate will not be on the same side because Donnie doesn't have a side and he's thrown most of them under the bus as some point in the last 18 months.