Reports of springboard relaunching, should I go to Genius Bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VertPin, Oct 2, 2016.

1. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

hey, just curious if visiting the Genius Bar would yield any good results. I don't want to trade my phone in as it's perfect, but occasionly it will just crash. It's done this various times.

I have an appointment set for 5:00 PM, is it worth going?

I'm not sure if it is a software update that could fix it or not.

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I'm sure it's a software issue that will be patched. I have had it happen twice while trying to take a photo.

3. Brownbox88 macrumors newbie

Brownbox88

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They'll be able to run diagnostics and if they find any hardware problems, they'll be able to swap it out. If it's software, the best you can do is restore with iTunes.

5. VertPin thread starter macrumors 6502

VertPin

Couldn't I restore through the phone in settings? Already done this.

I assume it is ios10 related imo

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I've had no crashes on my iPhone 7. I would definitely follow through with the appointment.

7. twittervanitybonet macrumors member

twittervanitybonet

Did they fix it

8. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting this at least once a day with my 7 Plus. Never experienced it an an iPhone before. I assumed it was an iOS 10 glitch but maybe I should make an appointment.

9. twittervanitybonet macrumors member

twittervanitybonet

It has to be a glitch with iOS 10 (did not have the issue on iOS 9 ) since I get it a few times a day. It seem to happen when I swipe/Pull down on the screen .... and no the beta 10 iOS does not appear to fix it

10. richard371 macrumors 68000

Usually bad hardware will cause a full reboot or shutdown. A simple springboard crash is almost always software. I've had them with just about every iPhone and as more updates rollout they disappear.

Now if you get a replacement and it goes away its probably because you are doing a restore to the replacement and not because of bad hardware.

Maybe try a restore first or reload the OS rather then play the iPhone lottery. You can always go to the Genius bar anytime.

11. twittervanitybonet macrumors member

twittervanitybonet

It's definitely software ... and I did the brand new restore (like 3 times ) and it still does it .... guess it's just a waiting game now til an update. A lot are speaking bout it on twitter (which I thought it was just my 6s plus )