Reports Say White House Asked FBI To Dispute Stories About Russia Ties

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Feb 24, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbi-white-house-russia_us_58af73c1e4b0a8a9b780a067?

The more they push back & try to brush away the topic, the more it seems inspire investigation. Not the greatest way to inspire trust.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I read an interesting tweet, clearly stating that conservative types will still deny anything collusion happened and not want to pursue it simply because their guy won.

Personally I believe it's a mess and the whole thing needs blowing wide open. I can't see anyone preventing a full investigation given this reveal.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

The election is just one issue. An important one - but there needs to be a full investigation into what and how (exactly) Trump, his team and Russia are connected.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The AP and CNN are reporting the same thing.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So they are repeating the fake news again? Figures.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Fake news ignore it cause it's fake. The rights denail of anything that does not fit.
    Alternative facts is the new rights facts. All news is fake if I don't agree with it now.

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I wanna see these clowns try and sell this alternate facts nonsense under oath in a court of law. Instead of hearing "You're fired", the new catch phrase for Trump and his henchmen will be "You have the right to remain silent".

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm all for an full and open investigation and I expect all of Congress to do it's part without party bias. If there are irrefutable ties between the Trump camp and the meddling in our national election then the impeachment proceedings should begin immediately. This is bigger than party or person, this is our democracy which should be defended at all costs.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sure. :rolleyes: Whatever gives you confort. I'd like to know how you would feel about this if it were true?

12. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Guys this is all Fake News.

Don't believe anything that comes out of the press. The Trump Administration didn't approve of this article and therefore the journalist responsible for putting this propaganda up will be subpoenaed to appear before the committee to face questions about it's contents in detail. Those that are deemed as being useless to society and spreading fake news will be deemed obsolete..............OBSOLETE. (twilight zone buffs know this episode)

13. Zenithal macrumors 68040

AP is wire news. All other news sites get their feeds from their wire, including far right news networks.

14. chown33 macrumors 604

At least you didn't mention a corn field. (shudder)

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

+1 for the reference ;)

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Will say without shame that Children of the Corn still manages to creep me out.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

When the White House (Trump) cries on twitter about plugging leaks - you can rest assured the information is likely completely true. The lady doth protest too much.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You can call it fake if you want. As long as there is a "fake" investigation and "fake" trials, "fake" impeachments and "fake" jail time where warranted. :D

I was just going to say exactly that. When people protest a lot about something being investigated, chances are there is something there.

19. zin macrumors 6502

So the FBI tells the White House the reports circulating about Russia and Trump are not correct, the White House wants this information public, the FBI refuses. If the unnamed officials are to be believed.

The real story is the constant leaks about pending matters. This was not a regular thing under Obama.

20. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Obviously, President Obama wasn't in bed with the Russians.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

You think it has something to do with Trump pissing off the intelligence community for a few months? Also his hypocrisy when it comes to "good" information to leak vs "bad."

The real story is that there needs to be a full investigation into Trump, his administration and Russia. And by a non-partisan entity.

22. zin macrumors 6502

That is no excuse to start leaking information about pending matters. If you disagree with your boss, the right course of action is not to abuse your position by leaking information. In fact that is illegal.

And there's a big difference between WikiLeaks and these incidents. WikiLeaks published the emails of Hillary Clinton's campaign manager. These agents are leaking information surrounding a pending investigation, which is classified information.

Yawn. You won't be satisfied until they find something bad. Why does there need to be a "full investigation"? How do you know one isn't already pending? What objective evidence do you have to suggest Donald Trump has had any illegal contact with Russians worth investigating?

23. JayMysterio, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017

JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

One word = Benghazi.

We should investigate like this, like we 'investigate' any other issue of national importance. Or are we finally going to admit that we choose hypocritically what matters are worth investigating at tax payer expense & partisanship, or not?

Before you answer, remember we've had 7 - 8 investigations on Benghazi and no wrongdoing exposed or prosecuted.

Come on, can't we have at least 2 or 3 Russia/Trump investigations. :p Pretty please! Someone else will be your best friend, I promise!

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I can't even respond to the level of myopic logic in your post. Sorry.

25. zin macrumors 6502

That appears to answer my last question.