Republican Backlash Continues To Build Against Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, May 9, 2016.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

First, there was Bush. Then joining him was Rubio. Then Cruz/Kasich. Now more and more are standing up to say no to Trump: Paul Ryan. Presidents GWB and GHWB. Even very prominent conservative authors like P.J. O'Rourke, Bill Krostol, George Will, and Erick Erickson are getting people lined up to oppose Trump.

However, the most damning condemnation of Trump came this morning from longtime trusted Republican strategist and lobbyist Mac Stipanovich. From that interview this morning:

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/09/477301472/republican-backlash-continues-to-build-against-donald-trump

He does have some valid points. Charles Manson is in jail for doing the same things Trump is talking about (killing someone and still having followers). It took Stalin 30 years to try to do the same thing Trump is saying, and failed in doing it. A lot of people are really gullible if they believe that Trump could get a different result (or would that meet Einstein's definition of insanity?).

And I find it absolutely hilarious that people are taking Clinton to task about her age and wondering if she'll be living through being POTUS when Trump is older than her. Same with Bernie. Regardless, all Trump followers really do need to take a hard look at themselves and ask if they are really this gullible.

BL.

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

That is just a bunch of USA hating, anti-American traitors and/or useless neocon Israel-firsters.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain #MAGA

3. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

You have no idea what anti-American, traitor, or hating USA is about outside of feeding/catering to your own anger and gullibility to believe someone would be as radical as Trump is proposing. But go on believing that; it may take you wanting to destroy this country to realize how far you've gone; then it will be too late.

BL.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Riiiiight. All those conservatives who have been putting forth conservative policies for decades, are unamerican. I have seen you make some outlandish statements before, but this one really crosses the line. :rolleyes:

5. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Of course all the statist cucks are against Trump. I can't believe people actually label Kristol as conservative. LOL

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

are you guys confusing republicans with evangelicals?

7. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

The more establishment neocons criticize Trump, the bigger the army of votes for Trump grows - Profit!:D

8. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I thought they were one in the same?

9. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

By that logic, there should be a 10:1 ratio of Clinton voters over Trump voters, based on her criticisms alone; moreso with the amount of vile posts ("Hitlary", "KKKillary") in this forum. :rolleyes:

BL.

10. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Are you frick'n serious (USA hating, anti-American)? Where are the emoticons? :rolleyes:

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Moderate republics wish evangelical republicans would go to the constitution party, while evangelical republicans wish moderate republicans went to hell :p

12. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

G.W. Bush protected virtually everyone involved in letting and/or making 9/11 happen, he then sent thousands of other Americans to their deaths in the Middle East based on lies. Bill Kristol was his biggest neocon cheerleader. Both are USA hating, anti-American traitors. Trump has a bunch of traitors and/or useless neocon Israel-firsters and military-industrial complex war profiteers opposed.

They support KKKillary over Trump. Where are the emoticons indeed. !:rolleyes:!

13. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Thank you for proving my point so pathetically.

BL.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

An interesting assertion. One completely devoid of any actual evidence. But interesting nonetheless.

The reality is that most establishment Republicans fear the presence of Trump at the head of their ticket come November for a very good reason: Most people are actually afraid of Trump's violent rhetoric and his penchant for instability. Even people who actively dislike Hillary Clinton are unlikely to vote for Trump as compensation. Instead they are much more likely just to stay home.

And a voter who "just stays home" in November is one who isn't voting for the Republican running for Senate or Congressional Representative.

The role of endorsements in national elections is probably over-stated. No one really really cares that much what politician ABC says about a candidate. But the reality is that the people making (or in Trump's case withholding) their endorsement reflect the viewpoints of a wide variety of Republican voters. If two generations of the Bush family decline to support Trump, you can bet he's lost that particular demographic. Ditto for Cruz; Lindsey Graham; and a whole bunch of other subgroups within the larger Republican Party.

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

What’s really pathetic is that you have a rainbow image for your profile picture and hypocritically support KKKillary who has taken TENS OF MILLION$ in bribes from Middle Eastern regimes that TORTURE AND MURDER LGBTs.

16. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

source for this, please.

And please source that I support Hillary Clinton.

BL.

17. Jess13, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

There’s a popular graphic posted throughout Twitter with bribery numbers (and estimates) for monies given to Hillary and Bill’s CGI:

Saudis, Emiratis, Kuwaitis, Qataris, Bahrainis: All torture and/or murder LGBTs.

CDY2FrXVIAAMA3X.jpg-large.jpg

Hillary Clinton Faces Test of Record as Women’s Advocate

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/us/politics/hillary-clinton-faces-test-of-record-aiding-women.html

Saudi Arabia has been a particularly generous benefactor to the Clinton Foundation, giving at least $10 million since 2001, according to foundation disclosures. At least $1 million more was donated by Friends of Saudi Arabia, co-founded by a Saudi prince.

Hillary Clinton took money from the kings of four countries

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2015/apr/20/reince-priebus/hillary-clinton-took-money-kings-four-countries-go/

The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation between the time the foundation was created through 2014, and some portion of the funds was contributed in 2014, according to the foundation’s searchable database.

LGBT rights in Saudi Arabia

LGBT.png

18. bradl, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016

bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

thank you for the source. Now source anywhere where I said that I support Hillary Clinton.

EDIT: Now, please reconcile your statement that those nations give money to the Clinton Foundation, with those that those same nations fill Trump's coffers with the business dealings they have together.

After all, those nations are Middle East regimes that MURDER AND TORTURE LGBTs.

BL.

19. Robisan macrumors 6502

Fixed that for you.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Quick look through your Twitter list of who you follow shows us this:

3.png

2.png

1.png

21. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

I don't use Twitter. I don't have an account on Twitter. Strike one. Keep looking for that source saying that I support Hillary Clinton.

BTW: Trump getting money from those same Middle East regimes:

http://mic.com/articles/130070/here...mp-s-middle-east-business-ventures#.LIERK242a
    http://qz.com/568178/donald-trump-owes-much-of-his-fortune-to-wea/
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/07/donald-trump-loves-muslims-if-they-re-rich.html
    http://www.newsmax.com/t/finance/article/705100

Want to play this game? By all means, do continue.

BL.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Is it your assertion that a Trump presidency would not rely on any people you refer to as neocons? That it will be 100% outsiders to D.C. and government? I think you are in for a world of disappointment if that's what you think.

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

OK, I may have found another MacRumors member similar to you and confused the two of you. Sorry.

I have already read those and similar Trump pieces. Trump isn’t pretending to be some savior of LGBTs and women’s rights. No, that is KKKillary. Trump does business with some Middle Eastern businessmen, and I have previously smashed Trump about it. Whereas, KKKillary has taken TENS OF MILLION$ in bribes from Middle Eastern regimes that torture and murder LGBTs and treat women like fifth-class citizens.

24. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

This whole thread is far off the mark.

If anything, support for Trump is increasing as shown by the long list of Republican supporters in this article from the Atlantic. My expectation is that more of the Republicans will come around and support Trump. Rubio has already changed his mind, and apparently so has Bill Kristol. The election is a long way away, and there is plenty of time to build support for him.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...s-stand-on-donald-trump-a-cheat-sheet/481449/

25. Limey77 macrumors regular

Once again your hatred betrays you.

Please provide a source for these being "bribes".