Republican chief faces fallout over sex-themed nightclub tab

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
I guess it rubbed some of the conservatives the wrong way.

She was dismissed from her position on Monday after news of the outing became the latest in a series of headaches for the RNC and its chairman, Michael Steele.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I've been to a club like that in Hollywood. It was called "Deep" when I was there. The drinks are expensive and later these huge windows light up and the burlesque dancers strike curious poses behind the glass. Its kind of a show but later it becomes just part of the scenery. It was cool, but not the perfect place to woo young GOPers like the article said. Stupid idea. They should have taken them to the Newport Beach Yacht Club. Its like republican heaven down there.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
I've been to a club like that in Hollywood. It was called "Deep" when I was there. The drinks are expensive and later these huge windows light up and the burlesque dancers strike curious poses behind the glass. Its kind of a show but later it becomes just part of the scenery. It was cool, but not the perfect place to woo young GOPers like the article said. Stupid idea. They should have taken them to the Newport Beach Yacht Club. Its like republican heaven down there.
well, ya never know what a young gopper wants......VOYEUR......my!

Desertrat

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2003
Terlingua, Texas
My Lord in Heaven! Where in the world did the RNC find this strange creature? Do they no longer believe in vetting, for personal behavior and judgement?

Folks oughta go wherever they want, on their own time and $$$. But this shows all the rational judgement of a mouse in heat! Dumb...

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
My Lord in Heaven! Where in the world did the RNC find this strange creature? Do they no longer believe in vetting, for personal behavior and judgement?

Folks oughta go wherever they want, on their own time and $$$. But this shows all the rational judgement of a mouse in heat! Dumb...
Vetting stopped with Sarah Palin.

Desertrat

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2003
Terlingua, Texas
I dunno as political party matters all that much, really. What stands out about a lot of these power-guys is that the primary desire for reincarnation would be to come back as a brass pole in Bangkok.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Whats wrong with a sex-themed night club?
Heck, seems to be the place you find all the stars and power brokers these days.

Plus the phone sex hotline was probably an accident, since they likely wanted to list the sex addiction clinic they were meeting at next.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Absolutely nothing.

Spending your donors' money at a lesbian sex themed nightclub when you claim to be the party of pure family values and try to take away the civil rights of lesbians is wrong.
And that is exactly the problem. Just a bit of a conflict of interest.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
In the 1990s Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and his roommate use to host these sex-themed parties, with male prostitution, right out of his apartment so the sheer hypocrisy of Democrat criticism here is astounding!
Um... Last time I checked Barney wasnt running on the platform of "Christian family values"...

And from your link-

After the investigation, the Committee found no evidence that Frank had known of or been involved in the alleged illegal activity and dismissed all of Gobie's more scandalous claims; they recommended a reprimand for Frank using his congressional office to fix 33 of Gobie's parking tickets.[16][17] The House voted 408-18 to reprimand Frank.[18][19] The attempts to censure and expel Frank were led by Republican Larry Craig, whom Frank criticized for hypocrisy after Craig's own later arrest for soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom.[20][21][22] Frank won re-election that year with 66 percent of the vote, and has won by larger margins ever since.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
In the 1990s Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and his roommate use to host these sex-themed parties, with male prostitution, right out of his apartment so the sheer hypocrisy of Democrat criticism here is astounding!

Nice try at deflection. One can only assume you support using donor money in lesbian sex clubs.

It's been a good week for you. You support spending donor money in lesbian sex clubs, defend Christian militias and kid touchers.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Nice try at deflection.
Regrettably deflection seems the only alternative; Democrats are not at all interested in the truth here - that Michael Steele/RNC promptly fired the employee responsible for nightclub expenses - that the DNC and Democrats tried to exaggerate way out of proportion to its relevance! Besides, I thought you liberals were cool with lesbians?