Republican chief faces fallout over sex-themed nightclub tab

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I guess it rubbed some of the conservatives the wrong way.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've been to a club like that in Hollywood. It was called "Deep" when I was there. The drinks are expensive and later these huge windows light up and the burlesque dancers strike curious poses behind the glass. Its kind of a show but later it becomes just part of the scenery. It was cool, but not the perfect place to woo young GOPers like the article said. Stupid idea. They should have taken them to the Newport Beach Yacht Club. Its like republican heaven down there.

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

well, ya never know what a young gopper wants......VOYEUR......my!

4. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Well, hell . . . the cocktails are all organic. That's probably why they went there.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

That place does look cool. :D

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

My Lord in Heaven! Where in the world did the RNC find this strange creature? Do they no longer believe in vetting, for personal behavior and judgement?

Folks oughta go wherever they want, on their own time and $$$. But this shows all the rational judgement of a mouse in heat! Dumb...

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Here's their second Faux Paux.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36135320/ns/politics-more_politics/

Now it turns out the RNC inadvertently listed a phone-sex number on a fundraising letter sent to potential donors. People who tried to call the committee were instead offered "live, one-on-one talk with a nasty girl" for $2.99 a minute.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Vetting stopped with Sarah Palin.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Fixed :D

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

How about Fox Paux?

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Absolutely nothing.

Spending your donors' money at a lesbian sex themed nightclub when you claim to be the party of pure family values and try to take away the civil rights of lesbians is wrong.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I see what you did thar. :)

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the leather look seems to be in with the GOPpers these days;

Attached Files:

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I dunno as political party matters all that much, really. What stands out about a lot of these power-guys is that the primary desire for reincarnation would be to come back as a brass pole in Bangkok.

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Heck, seems to be the place you find all the stars and power brokers these days.

Plus the phone sex hotline was probably an accident, since they likely wanted to list the sex addiction clinic they were meeting at next.

19. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

In the 1990s Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and his roommate use to host these sex-themed parties, with male prostitution, right out of his apartment so the sheer hypocrisy of Democrat criticism here is astounding!

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And that is exactly the problem. Just a bit of a conflict of interest.

21. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Um... Last time I checked Barney wasnt running on the platform of "Christian family values"...

And from your link-

After the investigation, the Committee found no evidence that Frank had known of or been involved in the alleged illegal activity and dismissed all of Gobie's more scandalous claims; they recommended a reprimand for Frank using his congressional office to fix 33 of Gobie's parking tickets.[16][17] The House voted 408-18 to reprimand Frank.[18][19] The attempts to censure and expel Frank were led by Republican Larry Craig, whom Frank criticized for hypocrisy after Craig's own later arrest for soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom.[20][21][22] Frank won re-election that year with 66 percent of the vote, and has won by larger margins ever since.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Did Barny Frank use a single dime of donor money?

Didn't think so.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice try at deflection. One can only assume you support using donor money in lesbian sex clubs.

It's been a good week for you. You support spending donor money in lesbian sex clubs, defend Christian militias and kid touchers.

24. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Regrettably deflection seems the only alternative; Democrats are not at all interested in the truth here - that Michael Steele/RNC promptly fired the employee responsible for nightclub expenses - that the DNC and Democrats tried to exaggerate way out of proportion to its relevance! Besides, I thought you liberals were cool with lesbians?