Republican convention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by unlinked, Jul 18, 2016.

1. unlinked macrumors 6502a

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Doubt it. The question is whether the disorder will come from demonstrators or from the GOP delegates who want to prevent their party from becoming suicidally populist.

I hope there is no trouble from the demonstrators like there has been at Trump rallies. The moment the demonstrators break the law or become disruptive, they lose the moral high ground. As for the GOP delegates, I hope they keep the discussions civil but somehow I doubt the convention will go smoothly.

3. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

4. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Why would the Bureau of Land Management want to cause chaos at the convention, is Cliven Bundy going to speak?

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

You never know...

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well this will be a good test of how well gun free zones work. If they work as poorly as the gun nuts say then we should have total calm outside the convention where guns are allowed and chaos and mass shootings inside where it is a gun free zone.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

if only all GFZ's had such a security presence as this one. :rolleyes:

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Are you already trying to explain it away? Well anyway even if the secret service's guns keep people safe in the convention center I'm sure you expect everything to be 100% peaceful outside the convention center since both sides of protestors will have lots of guns.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

just stating a fact. GFZ's are about as asking a terrorist or a crazed killer to please not kill you. If you really think bad guys listen to gun free zones then common sense escapes you.

Not sure why you and other continue to look at guns as the cause of harm or try and insinuate that pro gun folks think guns magically keep people safe. Stop trying to use those dumb statements as you do, it makes you look ridiculously uninformed.

IMO if there's trouble it will be because of the various left wing demonstrators who feel it's their place to cause trouble. In their mind, all would be good if the world just conformed to their way. I have $5 BLM protesters will try and grand-stand there too. Let's hope the media decides it's time to put them on the back burner.

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I hope its peaceful and they get done what needs done.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The party of hate.

Republican Platform to Gays: Go **** Yourselves

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well the mother of a robbery and assault suspect is speaking at the Dem Convention.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As you know I'd love to see a political mushroom cloud over Cleveland this week. Would prefer to see no one crawl out, but if it has to be, my choice would be the country club Republicans, but 1960 reincarnations. ;) Popcorn popping. :)

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

guessing most of the Bernie bros are no longer going to protest after being sold out, they are a bit busy right now
    [​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Jul 18, 2016 ---
    if it's a gun free zone then the secret service should be disarmed, ALL of them.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I honestly don't know what to make of the Republican Convention this year.

Donald Trump's behavior throughout his entire candidacy has been one of utter narcissism. He is, quite literally, the most self-involved human being ever to run for national office. He supposedly introduces his running mate - and gives a speech that barely mentions the guy. He comments on a tragic shooting - by stroking his own ego.

Then there is the lineup of speakers. Precious few actual Republican heavy hitters. A not many of the "celebrities" Trump promised. Even Tim Tebow backed away. Instead it looks like a cavalcade of Trump relatives; sons, daughters, son-in-laws, maybe a lackey and lickspittle or two..

I think the 2016 Republican Convention will go down in history as a three-day live televised infomercial for a product that is not only unbelievably vulgar but that comes from a company famous for ripping off its customers; and that even its own marketers know is utterly defective.

Just to review: Take a gander at Slate's handy 141-item list of horrible things Donald Trump has said or done so far, that make him fundamentally unfit to be President. Thats a heck of a long list. And Trump hasn't sat down for a serious interview with anyone outside of Fox News in over a year.

You'll understand the squeamishness with which the stalwarts of the Republican are viewing the spectacle.

Putting lipstick on a pig is child's play compared to making Donald Trump look like anything other than a self-involved psychopath.

[​IMG]

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yeah, because Slate is soooooo not biased. And I dislike Trump.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

its a collection of utterances from trumps mouth. those are biased?

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm not about to give Slate the click to find out. Like I have said before, Trump is an idiot. The fact that he brought up "small hands during a Presidential debate is all that really needs to be said.

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you accused something of being biased without reading it?

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's Slate I don't need to click to know they are biased.

21. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol. really don't know how fathom that logic. there are plenty of reasons not to read them including, but not limited to their inferior writing style.

but it's not even a written article, its literally just a list of things trump has said or done with videos and links to them. whether or not people think this makes him worthy of being president is up to individual interpretation, however
    --- Post Merged, Jul 18, 2016 ---
    aka uneducated white males

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

As opposed to the credentialed but uneducated Democrats? Too funny.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

When you realize that I am not talking about that particular article, but anything they post, maybe you will understand.

25. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm feeling too nauseated right now to enjoy the popcorn. o_O