Republican donor sues GOP for fraud over ObamaCare repeal failure

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Things just keep getting more interesting....

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...onor-sues-gop-for-fraud-over-obamacare-repeal

I guess something like this was bound to happen eventually.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And disclaimers on side effects too:

"Sending money may cause heartburn, vomiting, headaches, heart palpitations, regret, a lack of healthcare, and even death" :p

4. Gutwrench, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017

Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Sending money may cause heartburn, vomiting, headaches, heart palpitations, regret, a lack of healthcare, and even death.

Very truly yours,

Vincent Foster.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    Of course the law suit won't go anywhere. I hope it sinks in how frustrated many are with the GOP over their healthcare ineptness.

5. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

????? Not sure what you were trying to say there. You hope what?

6. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

I edited it at the same time you posted. Check again.

7. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah, I am sure they are well aware of that. Although those same people must look themselves in the mirror. They are the ones who have sent these people to Washington. People with different incompatible ideologies even within the same party. It's a recipe for failure.

8. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Some of those GOP'ers may find themselves replaced with new GOP'ers. I sure hope so.

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

This is the first clown to think of this? If this was possible then politicians would be spending the 10% of their time they have left after funding raising in litigation over not doing what they said they would do.

10. SusanK macrumors 68000

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You disappoint. Why not mention Seth Rich?

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

13. jerwin macrumors 68000

14. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Him too! It was a joint message.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

They tried that already and look what it brought them. Maybe this time if they try primarying their incumbents from the left they might not lose so many seats in 2018...

Otherwise, more divisions in their own caucus which already seems to peer over great divides after the health care debacle.

16. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh. for what reason? That they didn't repeal the ACA? Well, the replacement(s) sucked and didn't save the average person anything. There are also State Budgets to consider..That's called doing your job. Curious where your headspace is on this...

17. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

1. Indeed the replacement sucked. So yes, for not having a decent replacement ready.

2. They have control, and they act like they're in the minority.

18. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

I'm not interested enough to read the linked article, so just going by this:
    "A Republican donor in Virginia has filed a lawsuit against the national and Virginia Republican parties, accusing them of fraud and racketeering for raising millions of dollars in donations knowing they wouldn’t be able to repeal ObamaCare."

First of all, he's complaining he didn't get his money's worth, expecting a result for his contribution. Isn't that expecting a quid pro quo, which is illegal? Secondly, what makes him think the GOP knew they weren't going to repeal ObamaCare? I'm pretty sure they intended to do it.

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I guess I am a little confused by this suit as well. Wouldn't the Republicans justifiably believe they were going to repeal ACA since they hold both houses & the White House? Now if you were suing the Republican party for incompetence, I'd have to believe from all documented evidence he'd have a slam dunk case.

Ah, seems though it's another person of means on the right who's willing to capitalize off our judicial system to make a buck. I bet if you ask this guy cold if he's for tort reform, he'd say 'hell yeah'! :rolleyes:

20. samcraig macrumors P6

If they were suing for incompetence, the easy target would be Trump.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Nooo.... They will fall back on the old "but he's new" excuse.

Congress on the other hand, 6+ years of promises. Gets handed both houses, then fails spectacularly because of infighting & the occasional conscience.

With 45 you get the collective shrug and response "you get what you paid for and what you were promised". You also get laughed at for his comment about no democrats being on board. Congress further proves their incompetence for intentionally not wanting democrats involved, whining about how they weren't ( a documented falsehood ) involved the first time, and STILL not being able to get anything done.

[​IMG]