Republican Karen Handel beats Democrat Jon Ossoff in GA

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I beat you by 5 minutes :D
[doublepost=1498015934][/doublepost]From link
It also calls into question whether Democrats can sustain the energy fueling the party's anti-Trump resistance after losses in four consecutive special elections -- including Kansas, Montana and South Carolina
. One more reason why the coastal crap holes should not get to decide elections

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
SCOTUS case on gerrymandering may make this election less relevant. The republicans drew the district SAFE for themselves, and they still almost lost it. Republicans should be the ones waking up after this special and realizing they have a real problem brewing. They own government- it's gotta work for the people or the people will vote them out.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
When the Democrat's entire current platform is Russia investigation and how everybody on earth is to blame for Hillary's loss except Hilary its hard to believe they took another loss.

While Trump is digging his own grave on almost a daily basis, the Democrats are taking the opportunity to double down on their own corruption. It's unbelievable and I don't think I've ever seen such a gaping disconnect between elected officials and the people they are supposed to be representing. They only side with the people when it first and foremost also sides with their donors and they still haven't gotten the memo that the American public is well aware of this.

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
When the Democrat's entire current platform is Russia investigation and how everybody on earth is to blame for Hillary's loss except Hilary its hard to believe they took another loss.

While Trump is digging his own grave on almost a daily basis, the Democrats are taking the opportunity to double down on their own corruption. It's unbelievable and I don't think I've ever seen such a gaping disconnect between elected officials and the people they are supposed to be representing. They only side with the people when it first and foremost also sides with their donors and they still haven't gotten the memo that the American public is well aware of this.
Sad that they are well aware yet still vote against themselves by electing officials who don't give a crap about them

Reactions: Thomas Veil

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sad that they are well aware yet still vote against themselves by electing officials who don't give a crap about them
As a regular citizen, I find I often don't have a choice. I go to the polls on Election Day, and there's a list of people there, all taking money from big donors.

I wish we could put a cap on election spending. All candidates can only spend X dollars on ads, and Y dollars on operating expenses, period. That will put everyone on equal footing, and prevent spending wars like what just happened with Georgia 6th.

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014

Very well said.

It appears the majority of people don't like Trump, and that the majority of voters hate democrats.

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
As a regular citizen, I find I often don't have a choice. I go to the polls on Election Day, and there's a list of people there, all taking money from big donors.

I wish we could put a cap on election spending. All candidates can only spend X dollars on ads, and Y dollars on operating expenses, period. That will put everyone on equal footing, and prevent spending wars like what just happened with Georgia 6th.
And do like so many European countries and limit the amount of campaigning time!

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
SCOTUS case on gerrymandering may make this election less relevant. The republicans drew the district SAFE for themselves, and they still almost lost it. Republicans should be the ones waking up after this special and realizing they have a real problem brewing. They own government- it's gotta work for the people or the people will vote them out.
I have concerns about voter fraud, yes, but not from voters, from the people who control the voting infrastructure. A black church reported that over half of the voter registrations for the people they helped get registered, disappeared. This from 2014:

50,000 Missing Georgia Voter-Registration Applications? Nothing to See Here

Reactions: Night Spring

tgara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Win some, lose some.

See you again in 2018.
Uh, no. So far, it's win NONE, lose ALL for the Democrats in the special elections. They're 0-4, losing elections in Kansas, Montana, Georgia, and North Carolina. Republicans have won all 4 elections bigly! As Mr. Trump would say, so much winning! :D

Closest election in that area in 40 yrs
And the most expensive. Ossoff spent $23 million of mostly out-of-the-district funds, had the fundraising advantage over Ms. Handel, and still lost. Even in a district Trump won only narrowly and where Democrats had their best shot, the voters realized that despite any misgivings they may have over Mr. Trump, any Democrat and their loony platform would be worse.