Republican Lawmaker Says Rape Won’t Cause Pregnancy, Especially In Cases Of Incest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Feb 26, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

seems this idiot did not get the message back in 2012 on legitimate rape.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/0...regnancy-especially-in-cases-of-incest-audio/

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

We need a federal law banning anyone from making any laws about people's personal medical decisions.

The state has NO business trying to tell people what they can do with their bodies. Period.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Or mandating they get health coverage ..!

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

The state and federal government are well within their power to address the issue of murder.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

what about fake medical info?

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Vaccinations?

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The problem is that people without insurance often end up going to the emergency on the tax payer's dollar.

8. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

The thread/article title is false.

He did not say that rape won't cause pregnancy. He said "in many cases", rape won't cause pregnancy.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 26, 2016 ---
    What someone does with their own body is totally irrelevant to the abortion debate.

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

That presents an interesting question that I'd appreciate some insight on - what is the impact of trauma on implantation? I can't imagine that it would have any impact on fertilization.

Not sure how you would conduct a study on that, but I am curious.

10. Robisan macrumors 6502

Right. Because there are ZERO communicable illnesses or maladies, so there's no public risk whatsoever when people go untreated. :rolleyes:

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So that part of that old document that reads "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is just pointless puffery, got it... well, it was for the slaves anyway... ;)
    Yet nobody complains on how much more taxpayers spend on corporate welfare, even to companies gutting and leaving this country. In other words, it's not just double standards, but straw arguments and I'm not referring to my responses but logical conclusions derived from statements deemed immutable facts.
    But why not do your employer a favor and let them stop giving you coverage. Prices for us consumers will go down, big time....

Oh, wait, you're not? Hmmm....

12. SusanK macrumors 68000

Federal law requires providers to give care in emergency cases regardless of ability to pay or any form of reimbursement. Passing along the costs to paying patients was the only option.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Medical_Treatment_and_Active_Labor_Act

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I have to ask, what is your current avatar about? Does that dog have a tree or a stalk of broccoli for a head? :D

I'm longing for the law that stops conservative evangecal politicians or any politician from speaking from their arses. :D

14. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

cauliflower ya found that by an artist that combined things. loved it as it looks like our dog and we eat lots o cauliflower.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My bad, it is white after all. :)

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ...why?

17. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

good stuff. cook it put it i the food processor with cheese garlic butter some seasoning blend it up and its s better then potatoes and not as much calories. makes good cauliflower potato salad using it instead of potatoes less calories and better for you.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, but it's cauliflower. It's like...tasteless albino broccoli.

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

right so you flavor it it takes flavor really well. my body hates carbs they make me sick so I need other things.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Maybe I'm being a little too hard on cauliflower. I've just always been really suspicious of it...

21. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

ya. it is pretty blah by it's self but mix it with cheese and butter and garlic in a food processor and it is pretty good. less calories too. I mix it with eggs to make a crust for lasagna and such.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Hmm, disguise the taste, good move. :D

Back on topic, when a leader says something like this (topic subject) I feel the electorate has failed miserably, granted based on my standards. It dissapoints and scares me that large population swathes put their faith in such ideals. It's the origin of my pessimism about our country's future. :(

23. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

In many of the less populous states, some of the state-level representatives don't get vetted well. I'm not sure about Idaho, but, it likely is a big step down for a good lawyer to become a state representative. You don't always get the best quality, and Pete Nielsen might have been the best they could get to run.