Republican nomination of "The man who shall not be named".

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jul 20, 2016.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

For those who did not catch it, many of the party regulars are not mentioning candidate Trump by name.
    From day 1 when Rick Perry did not say his name once to succeeding days where many did not utter his name, instead talking about the party and bashing Hillary.

What was also interesting was McConnell getting roundly booed when he got on stage!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I was really expecting from the GOP to pull the rug from under him, that did not happen :(

3. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

They did try though.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, when virtually everyone in the party won't utter his name and only refers to him as the party's nominee, you know you're in trouble. I only wish I could be watching with Trump; you know he's seething over this.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

it's ok, some people twice removed who shall remain unnamed are implying he doesn't want the job and his VP will be doing the work.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Perhaps his campaign manager's quote will help. Sorry, was unable to find a suitable meme for your news gathering prowess.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Taking a card from Tricky Dick Nixon, but in Trump's case probably making an enemies list before he finds out if he's actually going to need one.