Republican senator slams Iraqi government

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 13, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

reuters

well that last bit certainly is interesting. i wonder, should that happen, if he'll stick by his words.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it would great if we got a chance to find out

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, I mean, we broke your country. It's time for you to fix it. C'mon puppet government!

Seriously though, it's about time for the Repubs to get on board with the frustration the rest of us, including the Iraqis, are feeling. Between them, and the 11 that spoke with Bush the other day while Cheney was out of town is telling. Pretty much everybody but the administration and William the Bloody think Iraq isn't going so well and that we should be figuring out a way to leave.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Somehow I'm not getting a sense of urgency to actually DO something from McConnell.

There are a lot of Repubs making noise about how unhappy they are (about their re-election prospects, not about Americans dying unnecessarily or anything), but I don't see any of them yet willing to take ACTION that may shorten the duration of this war of choice.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Didn't I read that the Iraqi government was taking a long (2 months?) vacation?

Did Bush invite them all to Crawford?

6. Queso macrumors G4

Couldn't possibly. He's still hiding Osama there, isn't he?