Republicans get 3X more ‘false’ ratings from PolitiFact than Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 28, 2013.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Did we need to spend money on a study to know this?

Link

Study

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Even as one of the apparently more honest parties by this study, the democrats are still 11% full of crap. Politics is the terrible...

3. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Deleted - as I decided I didn't want to go back an forth on the credibility of PolitiFact.com

4. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

FWIW, I've seen Politifact attacked from both the left and right. In my book, that's something we should all get behind.

5. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

To be fair, they've rated 60 Michele Bachmann statements. :D

The biggest crazies (and by that I mean most ideology-focused extremes that follow their beliefs more than facts) are all Republicans thanks to the tea party. If you compared "normal" Republicans and Democrats, I imagine it's close enough to not matter.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Hard to find a "normal" Republican these days.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That is why I left he Republican party years ago. If you are wondering i voted by my heart and the best candidate running in an election. Plus to many people don't pay attention to who their local politicians are. This why local roads & such are falling apart around us.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Bob Dole agrees with you.

10. vega07 macrumors 65816

I wonder what the Republicans in here think of that interview.

And regarding this study, I calculated the same results in one of the "who lies more" threads and none of the Republicans responded to that post. :D

11. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Republican is hopefully a dying breed.

12. iMikeT macrumors 68020

"Real" Republicans are nearly extinct and have either moved to the Democratic party or are independents and consider themselves RINOs. The Republican party as we know it has been hijacked by ultra-right wing extremists, the Tea Party, and Libertarians. As some would say, "This ain't your grandaddy's Republican party anymore".

13. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

So, one unique party in the US? Not that there has been a significant difference between the two parties for awhile-maybe some room for one or multiple true alternatives to arise??

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Arguably the country would be better if we could do away with multiple political parties. All too often people vote on party lines rather than the actual issues at hand.

15. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Some of them are a strange breed of Libertarian-- Libertarian at the Federal level, Authoritarian at the state level.

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Although the last thing in the world I would ever want to do is defend political parties. However, what would you suggest in the place of multiple parties representing differing political ideas?

I acknowledge the problem with voting "party line" without careful consideration of the issues, but I am interested in with what you would replace it.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The voting party line problem is a huge one. Here in CT everything is controlled by the Dems because everyone here is mainly liberal. Yet the state is falling into a deeper hole but the voters don't care.

18. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

I'd say the problem is not "mutiple" party, but the fact that in the US you either vote for 1 of the 2 sides of what mostly is the same party or throw away your vote.

19. tshrimp, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

They also get audited 3X more by the IRS :) Couldn't resist.

----------

You make a great pint here. We live in a country that has the freedom to express our views at the ballot box, yet many are lazy and and won't take 2 hours out of their day to vote.

And on the republican side I see a lot who do not vote for who they like in the primary, but for the candidate who they think can beat the democrat. I understand this as they think the worst republican is better than the best democrat, but personally don't like it and don't do it. I vote for the person who I think is right for this country. This might happen on the democrat side as well, but you guys would now best here if that happens or not.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Although in the last election we saw plenty of examples of people willing to stand in line for hours for the opportunity.

When it comes to voting, I'm not really that concerned about the lazy and apathetic. If they want to grant my vote more relative weight, I'm okay with that.

21. TedM macrumors 6502

Bob Dole makes a good point.