Republicans Love Obamacare!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jul 10, 2014.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I guess we won't be hearing much from Republicans on Obamacare as we head into election season. Fear not, they're timing the 14th Benghazi hearings for the elections.

[​IMG]

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Doesn't matter. Reps have deeply embedded their hatred for ACA into the party. They will have no choice but to eat their own words about ACA next election regardless of how much they try to avoid it.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Actually not. The states that are refusing the Medicare expansion are getting next to no results for their poor populations. The GOP will point to this fact (ignoring of course that they are the ones blocking the expansion) as the ACA being a failure, and their base will lap it up.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

GOP has been good at bringing up their base locally at specific places, but nationally they will still suffer from being so anti ACA.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

It's that easy!

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Like I've said, Obamacare is flawed as all hell, but it is 1000% better than it was before, so why the hell would we ever go backwards?

And hell no, no repealing. Amend, not nullify if you have a better idea to bring to the table.

8. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Since they don't show the data, it's impossible to determine how any of this was calculated. So pardon me if I'm very skeptical about this.

But regardless, it's Commonwealth’s latest slam on all things American. They’ve been doing it for decades now and it is beyond tedious. American doctors suck. American insurance sucks. American hospitals suck. American politicians suck. Commonwealth Fund has a very long track record of cherry picking information to distort its own research to score political points and to promote it's agenda, which includes Obamacare. Not buying it.

----------

Yeah, like Mother Jones is an unbiased source.

I know this forum is like an echo chamber for lefties and progressives, but have a little dignity, man! ;)

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Spot on. The ACA is far from perfect. Hopefully it's a stepping stone to UHC in the long run.

But until then.. for the people who don't like the ACA, I totally agree with you, what's their solution to fixing the problem? "Repealing it" and going back to the **** we had before is not a solution.

I'm all ears if someone brings REAL SOLUTIONS to the table.

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

You forgot the liberal-biased NY Times. :rolleyes:

Anything to add besides the ad hominem attacks? Like, any actual data that contradicts the posted data?

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just don't call it Obamacare. ;). The evils of the ACA represents the most dedicated effort to undermine a good government program for political gain in our lifetime. :(

12. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Calling it Romneycare would boost its popularity for sure. Name is everything

13. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

It shouldn't be up to me to prove that the data is false. They should be honest and show how they derived the data. As it is, you cannot tell how they came to their conclusions, so they are probably cherry-picking and are trying to fool you. If you know how they came to their conclusions, please let us know, then we can discuss in a rational manner (at least as rational as it gets here :D) I tried to look it up and couldn't find it.

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

What "data" are you disputing? Do you think there is any question that some states opted out of the Medicaid expansion? Here is a map from another source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act#mediaviewer/File:ACA_Medicaid_expansion_by_state.svg

What did you try to look up?

15. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

16. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Are you kidding?

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No, it's gonna take quite a while to staff up for them….supposedly.:rolleyes:

18. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Did you see where the Benghazi committee was voted a larger budget than committees for the VA and others?

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Priorities rdowns, priorities.

It's very clear they are looking to drag this out in a flailing attempt to keep the base active for 2016.

20. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I see where testimony from military commanders was made public yesterday. Despite Issa obviously knowing what they previously testified to, he blatantly lied about it.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We are only going to get as good as we elect... Even more depressingly is that a substantial portion of our populace are happy these people are causing havoc in D.C. to save their country as they know it. :(:(

22. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I just like that Obama care should help the republicans in 2014 and 2016..

Along with:
    IRS
    Border issues
    Spying on AP and Fox reporter
    Out of control spending
    Gitmo hotel and terrorist exchange
    VA Hospitals - Our great version of socialized medicine
    etc, etc, etc

Should be some great upcoming elections for the GOP. If they don't gain ground after this presidency then they are in big big trouble in the future.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Jokes on them, their base is too small to win an election, and it's shrinking every day.

If they were smart, they'd ditch these manufactured controversies and character assassination attempts and start fixing the country. Then they might have a chance.

24. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

What a job:
    • Squander your boss's money.
    • Waste time.
    • Achieve nothing.
    • Do it all over again.

Would any of us get away with that?

25. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

This, statistically makes no sense. There are no talking points against ACA that Republicans are even attempting anymore. Fox news barely mentions it anymore. Barely a third of the country supports repealing it. The Republicans are once again focused on Benghazi, which America apparently didn't care about anymore by November 2012. So it's not going to help them.

You better start embracing this future now so it doesn't come as too much of a shock when it happens. :)