Republicans make Medvedev/Russians nervous

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If you want to go back to a cold war state of affairs, you know who to vote for.

2. elmo151 Guest

republicans!

3. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Republicans scare the **** out of all sane people.:D

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thanks President Medvedev, I'll formulate my own opinions on whom I should support in the upcoming US election. Just as long as you keep from pressing our president on the missile defense system until after the election.

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

And... poof! Just like magic, it's 1950... all over again.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That's Rick Santorum's wet dream and what drives him to stay in this race.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Exactly. Republicans make people nervous?

Mission accomplished.

8. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

The GOP attacked anyone who dared to question the Bush administration and its efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The attacks included things like giving comfort to our enemies. See this for a summary of the attacks.

Why was it giving comfort to our enemies and dividing when the democrats asked reasonable questions, but flat out calling for another cold war is ok?

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That should indicate my opinion on the matter.

10. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Conservative US politicians are not known for their critical or rational thinking. Personally, I question the suitability of politicians who believe "god" talks to them. Aside from being potentially schizophrenic, such individuals clearly are less likely to be rational and more apt to act on the urges in their head assumed to be the unquestionable voice of "god". The Russians and everyone else ought to be worried about such a leader.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Perhaps the Russians (and others) are not the only people who might worry (with justification) about Republicans who cherish the idea of Enemy No 1.

The gentleman who has been elected (in elections considered somewhat fraudulent by ODIHR, the election monitoring arm of the OSCE), as the next (and former) president of Russia, V. V. Putin, is also someone who has rejoiced in successfully identifying a totemic outside power as 'foreign enemy No 1'.

Something tells me that he and the Republicans need each other to win, so that each will fill political & psychological needs in the other.

12. thefnshow macrumors regular

yeah god forbid we have a president that other countries don't walk over and ridicule...ooops i used the g word...sorry

13. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Huh? Are other countries walking over the US?

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Well.... at least your imagination is intact:rolleyes:.

15. thefnshow macrumors regular

no country takes us seriously now...and if you think they do you're delusional

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Do you have any evidence of that preposterous statement?

17. remmy macrumors 6502a

You mean George W Bush right, because nobody took him seriously out side of the US.

18. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I feel like I'm responding to a child here. Do you feel people took Bush seriously? In what way? What would be different with the Republicans in power in that regard? You've identified a hypothetical problem and you seem to feel there's a simple answer, yet you just respond with mental diarrhea.

19. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

I live on an island in the South Pacific and the thought of a republican makes me nervous as well.

KGB:rolleyes:

20. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Just the thought of John Key being prime minister again makes me nervous.

21. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

I'm a Democrat, and the idea of a Republican doesn't scare me, so long as he or she listens to the experts, works with their opponents, and makes an honest effort to do what's best for the country. I may disagree with them, but as long as they try, that's good enough for me.

What scares me are the Republicans who act like they have some exclusive window into what is right, and everyone else is wrong.

It is that mindset that led us into Iraq. It is that mindset that leads to civil rights violations and suffering for the poor, minorities, and those who can't speak out for themselves. It is that mindset that led to persecution of homosexuals.

If you become president, you work for everyone, not just the billionaires and corporations who funded your campaign.

President Obama has done a lot of things that angered his base in an effort to get bi-partisan support. He tried with healthcare, he tried with wall st. reform, he tried with lots of stuff. Even if you disagree with him, you have to respect the effort to try to represent everyone, not just his base.

I truly hope that if Romney is elected, he would make the same effort.

22. thefnshow macrumors regular

well,with bush most of the extra curricular activities other countries weren't really happening to the degree that they are ...north korea didn't call condi rice a little school girl like they did with hillary and then had to have bill clinton come in and do her job...that's just pathetic...other countries are openly laughing and mocking us and you guys don't seem to care....but you got your first black president and you guys made history....even though he is biracial...with you guys it's style of substance...good job

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've been around long enough (51 years) to know that special envoys have been sent on diplomatic missions many times. So I have a hard time seeing why this one instance was particularly pathetic. Can you explain why?

Also, some other nations have openly laughed and mocked the U.S. as long as I can remember. It isn't that we don't care, it's just a question of how should the U.S. respond to laughter and mockery. Please provide recent examples of this disrespectful behavior, how you would have reacted as president, and how the result of your actions would be more satisfactory than Obama's.