Request: Monster Beats Tour by Dr. Dre vs A-jays Four vs Ultimate Ears 500vi/400vi

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cloudstrife87, Apr 21, 2011.

1. cloudstrife87 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good earphone with mic for my iphone 4 and since I like the designs of the tangled-free flat cables, I've short listed these 3 earphones: Monster Beats Tour by Dr. Dre, A-jays Four, and Ultimate Ears 500vi/400vi.

Has anyone compared these 3 earphones before? I've seen one comparison between Tour vs. A-Jays Four but not convincing enough for me to decide between these two :/

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I've only used the tours but the cord fell apart on me within weeks. It seems like a sturdier design than the Kilpsch S4i's I was looking at (which apparently had better sound quality than the dres according to reviews) but the cable looked so flimsy that I chose the dres instead. Bad choice though, as the cable was terrible. I'd stay away from them if I were you, not nearly worth what they cost

3. cloudstrife87 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

The Tours I had broke after a month. The part where it splits came apart.

5. frunk macrumors member

Just got my a-Jays four. They sound really nice. Trying to burn them in as fast as I can!

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I have the A Jays Four and am not impressed. Muddy sound. Suggest taking a peek at head-fi.org forums. Those boys will set you straight. I suspect they would side with the UE models.

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

while I also suspect the UE will be the best of the bunch, how long have you used the A Jays? Most higher end headphones have to burn in the drivers, which usually takes several dozen hours, before maximum sound quality is achieved

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I can assure you, at $70, the A Jays Fours are no where near "higher end".

My default set of IEMs is the Klipsch x10i. I have yet to find anything as punchy and detailed and simultaneously comfortable. They put the A Jays Fours to shame.

9. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

They CANNOT be compared. Two totally different IEM's. Two totally different prices.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Exactly. I was pointing out that Ajays Four are nowhere near high end, by comparing them to something high end.