Research shows the majority of reactions to iOS 7 have been positive[Article]

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cualexander, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cualexander macrumors 6502a

2. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Ohh dear, people on this board dont want to hear that

3. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I actually really like the icons now. Once you use it for a bit as a daily driver, and replace the background. You either don't notice, or mind them. iOS7 in general has been a much welcome change in my book. -puts on flame coat- -sprays idiot repellent-

4. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

i agree....all you have to do is change the wallpaper.

5. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

Hm, I feel as if initial reaction was largely negative and then rather quickly shifted to positive after the beta release.

6. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Nice find. A forum like this only really brings out the worst in people. If we were happy and loving everything about the OS then there wouldn't be anything to talk (argue) about right? Sadly, the negative Nancy's are the ones that seem to have the loudest voice.

I love iOS 7 and I think it will be a fan favorite once everyone gets their hands on the GM edition, and the 3rd party apps can bring their apps up to par with the new look and feel of the phone.

I am excited for the next year of Apple.

7. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I feel like if they used a less, clashing background (is that the word I'm looking for?) it would have been swallowed a tad bit better since it wouldn't be so "HEY. NEW ICONS. COLORS. SO MANY COLORS."

Don't get me wrong, there would still be critics, but maybe less people going on a rage when they haven't even used iOS7.

8. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I REALLY like ios7, but I had to roll back because I use a Straight Talk SIM in my iPhone. The Tmobile sim swap doesn't work on iOS7, and there's no jailbreak to use Tetherme.

Obviously neither of those things is a negative toward ios7.

9. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

iOS 7 is very beautiful, I agree though, maybe a new default wallpaper? The Dynamic ones, and the Colorful still one NOT including the Galaxy make the icons look worse, the Galaxy one makes the icons REALLY POP too, the iOS 6 wallpaper however didn't negatively clash with the icons I found. It just looked odd a bit because you associate it to iOS 6.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Jim Cramer still gets to yap where people can hear him? Didn't Jon Stewart depants him a few years ago as an uninformed blowhard?

11. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Of course the casual user's response would be positive. Casual users have not used the beta nor do they obsess about screenshots. When iOS 7 is released you'll start seeing some public outcry, just like Apple Maps (except this is one decision that can't be remedied by using a 3rd party app)

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 68040

The-Real-Deal82

I can't really see what there is to dislike though? I can appreciate some don't like the brighter colours or the icons that have been redesigned, but I dare say there will be customers who do like the change. From what I have seen I rather like it and welcome a refreshed look. We've had months and months of people complaining iOS was stale and then they do a radical facelift and people complain. Its good to see that away from here the overall opinion has been positive though. Apple Maps was a cock up, I can't see how this is however.

13. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

You can't compare iOS7 with Maps! Like another member said, Maps was something that didn't work as people expected to so it was more about funktionaliy. iOS 7 complains are to do with icon design and colours that all come down to a personal taste of people. Surely you don't expect hundred of millions people to have the same taste.

14. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

It's not the 'people' on this board who don't want to hear this, it's the 'designer wannabees' on this board who don't want to hear this.