ResEdit for OS X?

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i need ResEdit. i thought it was with the developer tools, but i looked & couldn't find it.
i found two resource editor programs on versiontracker: ResKnife 0.4d2 and Resourcerer 2.4.1

does anyone know if these do the same things as ResEdit?

and is there any way i could get ResEdit?

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
There is no ResEdit for OSX and that's cause things are done differently in X. Only reason I know this is cause a friend of mine went through a similar experience.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
there was a program called "MacResourceDog" for osx that allowed you to edit a few resource types, but the author ended development because of a percieved lack of interest. as more applications are written in cocoa, we will not need this type of capability as much, but even mach-o carbon apps like imovie and itunes still have data forks which can be flipped to resource forks and edited in an app like resedit or macresourcedog. even the system has files like this, so it's a shame that apple has not provided an osx version of resedit. i would suggest trying macresourcedog (it's available on vt). it does not work for many resource types, but it may work for the ones you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.