Reservation for pick up at Apple Ardmore, pa and the pope

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

i have an 8am reservation for pick up on the 25th at the Apple Store in Ardmore, Pa. The pope is staying at St Charles Seminary which is about 3 miles from the Armore store. I didn't even think about it at 3am this morning, but I know it's gonna be a complete cluster F in the entire area that weekend. I know I'm gonna have to plan an alternate route to get to the store, and leave really early so I don't miss my reservation. Anyone else in the same boat and have a plan?

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I got mine delivered, I'm from the Philly area, Good Luck

4. Nelliebee macrumors member

Nelliebee

5. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Just got my facts straight. He actually departs NYC for Philly on the 26th. I'm sure security will still be crazy (roads closed, etc.) but at least he won't formally arrive until Saturday.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Hey sulp I have a reservation as well for that day at 10am. I hope it won't be crazy as well.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yes

8. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I listen to catholic radio and they were talking about there being certain zones where you would need to go through metal detectors and such to get in the more secure areas. I would leave a lot of time. I saw him in Rio with 3.7 million people on Copacabana beach. It was an absolute mess. Also, plan on people sleeping out around the areas he'll be at. People will do anything to catch a glimpse of the pope.

Keep in mind that many Federal, state, local resources are going to be working to ensure that everyone is safe. Safe does not probably factor in some guy wanting his iPhone. Even the Secret Service will be there so yeah it's gonna be rough.

9. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

I might change my delivery preference from Mail to Pick up. I live in south Jersey, and since the bridges will be closed - my professors can't get to my college. Then hopefully, I won't have class and I can go pick up my phone :D

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That's because he will be staying at he seminary in wynnewood. I work around suburban square so they have been prepping us with info. Make sure to bring two forms of ID for the checkpoints in Ardmore. The security there will be just as tight as the city since he's living there haha. I hope this drives away scalpers if they don't know about the ID checkpoints!

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Wait they haven't announced closings yet? All the colleges here in philly are closed Friday.

12. nabwong macrumors regular

I'm in the "box" in philly. I hope I'll get it on the 25th delivered. The city has really messed this whole thing up.

13. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Yeah I too live in Philadelphia (in the martial law security perimeter) and I typically have my new iPhone delivered to my work office downtown, just as I specified this time. But I wasn't thinking, while ordering at 3am, that our office is going to be closed on the 25th. So.......ugh.

I called Saturday afternoot to have AT&T change the delivery address to my condo building, but they just couldn't make any changes to the address. Odd, since the thing hasn't even shipped yet.

And worse, the postal service (and perhaps FedEx/UPS) will be shutting down deliveries at 1pm on the 25th, until the following Tuesday.

Colleges are shut down on that Friday, the City is shut down between that Thursday and Monday.

Philadelphia just cannot handle this Pope visit, without shutting down the entire region.

So what I apparently can do is have them hold it at the UPS/FedEx hub, via the delivery specifications on the UPS/FedEx app, and ride my bike down to the hub to pick it up. What a pain.

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup. Pretty much why I cancelled my order and will be doing in store pickup. I wasn't thinking that morning and also made an in store reservation for the 25th for a 10-1030 time slot. I'm glad I messed up now haha.

That's a really long bike ride! Why don't you find a zipcar location outside the perimeter and do that instead?

15. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Thanks, great idea, but they are reported to not allow people to drive back into the perimeter once they leave it, from that friday through monday. lol

Hopefully its UPS, which isn't too bad for me if its that hub down on Oregon.

Congrats on your early in-store reservation; that was a great move!

And good luck to you, during this Pope-mania!

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup. I'm planning on getting out of the store around 12PM. 2 hours of waiting and buying should do it and then get back into the city before the ruckus begins. It's gonna just be a weekend of playing with the phone and catching up on some homework and TV shows.

Well what I meant was to find a zipcar location just outside of the perimeter so you can still return the car. That UPS hub is in one shady location.

17. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Gotcha, sorry I read that wrong earlier! Great idea - I'll keep that in mind!

18. nabwong macrumors regular

There's gonna be a record line on Oregon. Lol.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Unsure if this makes a difference to you personally, but your reservation is good until the end of the day. Even if you miss your time slot it's reserved until the store closes.

20. mr1581 macrumors 6502

That line is always so damn long. I may end up cancelling and going back to sitting in line at the att store at 6am. I'm just outside of the box but not sure how highway closures etc will affect this crap

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

My email says otherwise though. I'm going to play it safe and just do it in the morning.

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Has anyone done a reservation before? Just wondering what would happen if I show up when they open at 8am but my reservation is for 10am.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Fair enough. They are not likely to out your phone back up for sale until day's end. And by that I mean, they won't lol.

24. KPOM macrumors G5

So what time is the pope picking up his iPhone 6S?

25. pazzo83 macrumors regular

Ha great, I have my reservation in SoHo for the 25th, at 8am. I think the Pope is doing Mass that day at MSG.