Reserved new iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, Oct 23, 2011.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

After a number of attempts since the launch of the iPhone 4S I managed to reserve one (with Fido). I got an email saying they will let me know when it's available for pick-up. Just hoping I don't have to pay full price and I can use my "Fido dollars". Now I'm getting anxious/excited.

2. macaaronb macrumors newbie

I managed to reserve a 64GB one but wanted the 16GB one. Does anyone know if they will still sell me the 16GB version there if I ask for it instead?

Long story short, the reservation system is a goddamn ****ing piece of ****. Especially using Chrome. I managed to get to the select products page 3 or 4 times, and every time it wouldn't let me click the select button to choose the 16GB AT&T iPhone (or any, for that matter). I open Safari and almost first try I get right through, the spinning wheel on the right-side of the products page changes to an order summary and I am able to click the select button.. but only the 64GB is left. ****ing ********.

3. solo118 macrumors 65816

I made a reservation at the Fifth Avenue Store in NYC (open 24hrs) at about 9pm this evening.

They are expecting me tomorrow between the hours of 8am-6pm. I am a little nervous about this, because I can not get there unit at least 11am.

I assume they are going to get a small amount of inventory, but if I got there at 11am am I certain to get a new iPhone? I am not sure what their rules are about this so I wanted to check here and see if somebody can offer some help.

Another weird thing is that I could only reserve 1 phone, and my wife is interested in the new iPhone as well.

4. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

If you reserved you are good, they won't sell your phone. I reserved mine( Orland Pk, IL) and didn't get mine until 1, so glad I reserved mine cause 30 mins within me standing in line they ran out of AT&T phones. White is selling really fast as well.

Verizon and Sprint still had phones so I think it depends on your provider as well and the color you want.

5. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

i am trying to reserve one at Portland Oregon, always unavailable?

any one else had success reserving the iPhone 4S?

6. CandyCane23049 macrumors regular

I used Chrome and Explorer but ending up getting through with Chrome and got my White 16GB 4S, Chrome I had to keep refreshing it.

7. solo118 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the info. I opted for the base 16gb Black (at&t)

8. Mrs.Geek macrumors newbie

I reserved one last night for my mother-in-law using the Apple Store app on my iPhone.

9. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

It worked on my Chrome and I got a 64GB black.

But I agree the system is kind of screwy. I expected to be taken to another page once I clicked "Select" but no, it was added to my non visible cart on the top of the page. At least the little thing could scroll down with the page, but it doesn't.

10. Qzuelic macrumors newbie

Try to start reserving about 5 minutes before 9:00

The other day when I bought mine, I was watching the game on TV and was using Safari. Somewhere around 5 to 10 minutes before 9:00 p.m. I ended up getting through to reserve the 4s without any problems. Definitely try to get in before 9:00.

11. solo118 macrumors 65816

Argghhh I hate living in such a populated area! I went to the "cube store" in Manhattan to claim my reservation. I was greeted to a very long line and a 3 hour + wait. I said thank you turned around and took the subway back to my office.

I decided to just order online and wait it out..

12. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

Portland OR

any one tried to get reservation going for Portland Oregon? The reservation system always busy or and for portland OR there is no stock available.

not sure if apple can meet the demand before the holidays.

13. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

is the reservation system is working at all?

I tried last three nights cannot get hold one for Portland OR

always busy or error and stock run out.

why this is happening to portland, OR ?

14. jcb19 macrumors member

I'm in Jersey; tried from 9PM till 12A continuously, could not even get on the site. :mad: At it again tonight, I suppose.

15. solo118 macrumors 65816

I got in using the Apple Store app on my current iphone. Try that!

16. jcb19 macrumors member

That's a great idea, I'll try from my iPad or iTouch. . . . no iPhone, this will be my first :)

17. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

thanks i will try that also.

18. jcb19 macrumors member

Solo118,

Big shout out to ya!B:D It worked! Had my iTouch linked to one store, iPad to another store and laptop to another. Server slammed on laptop immediately, got on both stores using apple store app on iDevices. Reserved a 32GB, wanted 16, but only 32 black and 64 white available. After waiting 4 years, the $100 is worth it (Verizon user).

Thanks again!!!!

19. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well after 3 weeks of waiting for my iPhone 4S to arrive I was told I couldn't upgrade until next March. Now I will admit I did know this but if that's the case then why was I able to reserve a phone?? If I'm not eligible to upgrade then there is no point in being able to reserve a phone. I was all excited but now I'm upset.

20. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

so what is the problem?
    if you realy want it buy it contract free, it just cost more.

21. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Why wouldn't you be able to reserve a phone? Reservations have nothing to do with eligibility.

22. zelaya macrumors 6502

Why don't you guys try other stores such bestbuy,Walmart, radio shack,etc.....you will be surprise. I gave up calling apple store or online.

23. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

What's your point? You were able to reserve because you can buy phone's of contract or use an early upgrade for a higher cost.

If you admit you knew you weren't eligible then it's stupid to get upset when you don't get an upgrade.