reserving an ipad at an apple retail store...possi over the phone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shashwat, May 12, 2010.

1. shashwat macrumors member

Hi
    I am from india...i want an ipad 3g 64gb desperately...a frnd of mine has gone to the US on a vacation...But hes been unable to find any ipad 3g 64 gb models anywhere yet...
    hes to go to orlando today for 3 days,then miami,then 6 days in vegas before leaving via LA..
    I was wondering if he could reserve an ipad 3g at an apple retail store over the phone...I searched the forum for details and found this-

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=903841&highlight=how+reserve+ipad+apple+store

But it says that u have to personally walk into a store to do that..I dont exactly remember where but i read that u can do it over the phone...Is that possible because if thats possible then i can ask him to apply for reservation for an ipad 3g over the phone at all apple stores in orlando( i guess there are 2 of dem),miami and vegas....
    I know the payment has to be done via a credit or debit card having a name but hes vacationing with a friend who stays in the US....

If anybody could help me here i would be really grateful...
    Thnx for reading...

2. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

You can reserve one at both Apple Stores...They will email you when it comes in..You have one business day to pick it up, then it goes to the next person on the list..Hope it helps...

3. shashwat thread starter macrumors member

Thnx so much for replying....
    can u make a resevation over the phone?
    like call dem up and ask dem to reseve an ipad for u?
    and are saturdays included in business days?

4. acastic macrumors regular

Yes, you can reserve them over the phone. I did with mine. It took a full week to arrive at the Apple store. They will ask for an ID when you pick up the iPad however, so make sure the reservation is in your friends name.

Not sure if Apple counts Saturday as a business day. once it arrives at the Apple store, the confirmation email will say how long you have to pick it up

Hope this helps!

5. zeferjen macrumors member

I reserved over the phone, but it seems like the policy varies store-to-store. I would call the Vegas store, since that is his last stop. Make sure the reservation is in his name. You really have nothing to lose. If it gets there after he leaves, there is no cost for not picking it up.

I would have your friend unbox it before he leaves to make sure that there are no issues.

6. shashwat thread starter macrumors member

Thnx so much for all ur replies..
    It really helped..
    Just one last thing..can i have him call more than one store and get to make an application for reservation..
    M planning to do that for all the stores in all the cities hes visiting...atlst one should click..m gonna die if he comes back empty handed.. :( :(
    plz rply..

Shashwat