reset my iphone and now just want to use it as ipod... no go help plz!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by freedomisntfree, Dec 4, 2010.

1. freedomisntfree macrumors newbie

hey fellas thnx for helping out a newbie... i reset my iphone 3Gs (was unlocked for tmobile) to get erase all info, pics and contacts. Now i just want to use it as an ipod meanwhile i figure out what to do with it... it went thru the whole 3 hour process and now it only on the emergency call screen and wants me to put in a sim card. it was on the 4.0 software

1. How can i unlock the phone to use it for just the ipod?
    2. did it reset to new software that nobody wants(it shows the raindrop wallpaper in backround)
    3. If i cant unlock it without an at&t sim card, did it atleast erase all my info so i can sell it to someone that does?

I thank you in advance for this info

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You "erase all content" from the iPhone? Since it's been activated before all you need to do is connect to iTunes and restore from a backup I believe. If its still on 4.0 you can jailbreak it using www.jailbreakme.com in Safari (iPhone) and unlock with ultrasn0w.

If you wanted stuff off your iPhone, you should of done it manually.

3. freedomisntfree thread starter macrumors newbie

..... :( yes i know ... i thought about that 2 seconds after pushing continue with reset ..lol

i vageuly remember i did hit the "erase all cont..." ... but i need to be sure tho .. i have lots of stuff on there i wont feel comfortable until i get into the phone and check for myself you know? how can i go to the safari if it wont let me into the phone unless i put a sim card ?? thnx for ur help much appreciated

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Find an old AT&T SIM and put it in or use a pre-paid AT&T SIM. It doesn't have to be active.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly, put any AT&T sim and connect to itunes.