Reset my iPhone6 w/ 8.0.2, now exchange email across ALL my idevices don't work.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Korican100, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Korican100, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I have an exchange email for work. and I use all my idevices (iphone 6, ipad rMini, and ipad 4th gen at home)

Well iphone 6 was working great w/ exchange account. One day, orientation was acting iffy so I decided to reboot the phone (sleep/wake button).

Upon reboot, My exchange email prompted me for my password....Weird I thought....

Anywho, I put the password in. And it asked for it again signaling I had it wrong. So I put it in again, and it just kept asking me for it over and over again. So I removed the exchange account, reset my network settings, restarted the phone. and re-added it. "Unable to verify account".

Tried it with SSL off and on (it suppose to be on). Also, went to my mobile devices through exchange mobile partnerships and deleted everything.

Same issues across all my idevices, and even on Mail on my mac.

Webclient works (webmail) and account is not locked out (password works on regular accesses)

Can someone...anyone help?

2. Solver macrumors 6502a

Since it is happening on all devices, it may be that your exchange account is locked or something.
    At this point I'd try changing the password at work then try again using the new password.

3. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I suspect that it may be server-side - maybe you're account got blocked because of too many password attempts or something of the like, or just randomly (Exchange is good at this.)

It would also probably be worth trying to set it up on a device that does not sync credentials (i.e., not an Apple device, or at least not one that you're signed into iCloud on.)

Also, does webmail work?

4. Korican100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Korican100

thats the weird thing. i can sign through the regular web client, and at work. its just all my idevices

5. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Stupid question. Are you sure there's not some global issue? Does anyone's mobile device work right now? I've seen weirder coincidences with work email! :)

6. Korican100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Korican100

you hit the nail on the head. Just found out they cut all our access. Why the situation struck me as odd is that, I didn't notice until after I reboot my phone. So I correlated the denial of access with that.

Sheesh.

7. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Cool, glad you found it. Sometimes it's the dumbest things. (Ex-Exchange admin here... :) )